B&H Photo Experience?

I've always had a good expereince with B&H... and Adorama isn't owned by B&H or vise versa is it?

Same here... I trust B&H as well as Adorama. As far as I know.... Adorama and B&H are competitors and not owned by the same organization.

UHOH

It's Monday, and Adorama/B&H is closed... and my order is listed as "packed".

The promise of shipping today better come through, or I will be very disapointed. I have an email from a sales rep PROMISING it would ship today.

:\

UHOH

It's Monday, and Adorama/B&H is closed...
:\
Adorama is closed and their competitor, B&H, is also closed.

If my office and the office across the street are both closed on Sunday, it doesn't mean that we are the same company.

JD

Being that they are both owned and operated by primarily Orthodox Jews, I beleive this is the Holiday reasoning. They are not owned by the same people.

new york has a lot of jewish people . . . so i'm sure both adorama and bh have both jewish and non - jewish ppl working for them.

i no longer do business with adorama, and the guy i talked to there had the name goldstein.

anyways, i've never had a bad experience with bh, but if you do you must also realize that your dealing witha huge corporation. i've been told they are now bigger than nikon.

sigma4less.com is also closed during this time. Sucks that all the camera companies are Jewish because I really wanted to order a lens :p

As for my one experience with B&H, it was outstanding. I ordered a spare battery and 2 step up rings on tuesday at 12:30, and it was at my door wednesday afternoon. Mind you I live in MD and B&H is in NY, still east coast but I would say that 1 day is insanely fast even if I lived in state.

The things I bought from adorama took a bit longer to get to my door.

I'll be ordering a rocket blower and probably a reflector from B&H when they reopen after easter.

B&H closes for all the Jewish holidays and they always post their holiday schedule. So remember check it.
Also I have never had a probable with ether store

Adorama came through:

Type: Package Status: In Transit - On Time
Scheduled Delivery: 04/05/2007
Shipped to: FL, US
Shipped or Billed on: 04/02/2007
Service Type:
GROUND Weight: 4.60 Lbs

I ordered a lense from them and literally snuck it in before their stated holiday cutoff and they shipped it as promised. I've ordered non-photo stuff from them before and they've always been good.

If I didn't misunderstand you, they got a new camera out to you 3 days after they got your return. While not lightning fast, that's not really unreasonable with all the last minute orders people were placing before they closed for a week.

Anyway, glad it sorta worked itself out for you and better luck with the new camera! (I have the K110D, it's a great camera for the price).

Hi All. I am very new to the field. I have just been using a lot of photography in my marketing work and decided to upgrade my equipment so I can get better interviews with the H4N, a continuous external light, the IKAN 144, along with a new D800 in order to post to websites and Youtube. I got the D800 so I can also work into wedding landscape/portrait photography and keep my expenses down on lenses due to the tremendous opportunity to zoom into the part of the photo that I want to use and discard the rest.

Anyway, with that said, I know that I am a complete newby and I wondered if it is normal practice for B&H PhotoVideo to discard the boxes before shipping. I only received a box around the D800. The H4N and IKAN didn't have boxes. When I asked B&H about this, they said I didn't need the boxes because I already have the serial # on the packing slip. If I need to sell them, it would be good to have the boxes. They responded by telling me that I needed to contact the manufacturer.

Is this common practice and does it matter that I have the boxes? Any input is greatly appreciated.

BHPHOTO <---one of the finer things in life
bigthumb.gif

Uh oh... zombie thread alert!

This thread is from 2007.

Most reactions

Back