What's new

B&W Beach

LadybearHilde

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 12, 2004
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
I've always enjoyed seeing everyone's work here and finally decided to post one of my own. This was taken the week after Christmas in Florida. I've always used color film and decided to try B&W ... I've really liked it so far, I hope you will too.

HParkJan06bw.jpg
 
Nice shot :D good to see some of your work! My only point would be that it looks a tad overexposed. But aside from that, great job!
 
Hi Hilde-bear, and welcome to ThePhotoForum! :D

This is a nice one, though I am not too fond of the amount of white sky and the bit of railing on the right. Other than that though, you can still "do something" about this photo's brightness if you postprocess it in Photoshop - if that is what you consider doing to your pics at all!?

And where does the blue hue come from if this is a real and true b+w pic?
Is it scanned?
Can your scanner (like my own) not distinguish between colour and b+w, so he scans all b+w as RGB-files, too (i.e. colour pic files)?
 
Actually it is scanned and it was processed in photoshop :) I'll have to take a look and see what I can do different. I left the sky because of the one sea oat. I liked the height it gave to the picture. Thanks for the constructive feedback :) I'm looking forward to posting more
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom