B&W Lightpainting

Nuno Sousa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found an abandoned factory and took my wife for some Lightpainting shots. Would appreciate some C&C :)
18814662330_e01761188a_o_d.jpg

Not really light painting but cool none the less. What did you use to generate your sparks? Looks like steel wool.

For the "rain" effect i used steel wool. To light up the subject i placed 2 lanterns on her lap facing her. I still had no Flash, so the Lightpainting was very poor, next time with my speedlite will be better :)

spinning steel wool isnt really lightpainting.

i like where this is headed, i think you can push the boundaries of this shot.

Very creative!

1. I would expect "rain" to be more vertical until it hits the umbrella, so maybe you could be positioned above your model so the sparks fall more naturally. Also, have the model standing to avoid burning her or her clothing.

2. Yes, you need to use a speedlight. Hide the flash in the foreground, keep the power low, and directed at the model to illuminate the camera side of the model. You would probably fire the flash after the sparks are done.

You have a color rendition?

I'm afraid im new to this art, so i still struggle with some technicall term. Is that the original colored version of the shot?
Sorry my bad..... :)
Yes Sir! Was tryng to ask if you took a coloured shot of the same?
Sparkles to me conjure up images of color hence the Q.
Rgds,
Jasii

You have a color rendition?

I'm afraid im new to this art, so i still struggle with some technicall term. Is that the original colored version of the shot?
Unless you used B&W film, or one of those expensive B&W only Leica cameras, then yes, you took this photo in full color and converted it to B&W. So yes, you do have the color version if it.

That's really cool but your model looks.....unsure.:eek:

Most reactions

Back