What's new

B&W with a Holga flavour

kreuzberg

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First few scans from by first go at B&W with my Holga. The prints turned out really well but the scans came out a bit rubbish, partly due to the crap Uni scanner and partly due to me not cleaning the glass :lol: Apart from all the dust there seems to be a wierd "stippling" and its especially visible on 2, I'm guessing this might be the texture of the paper?
Luckily I only scanned the first half dozen, these are my 3 favorites:

1.


2.


3.
 
I clicked on all three and looked at the larger versions. I think your second shot is the most aesthetically pleasing shot overall. I think the first photo could use a bit of lightening, to reveal more details.

The lens quality on your Holga seems remarkably high for a Holga...and the light leaks are not there. Did you tape the camera up to within an inch of its life or something?
 
Thanks Derrel!

The print of 1 is actually much lighter (between a half and 1 stop) but when tried to lighten it in PS the stippling was extremely bad so I just let it be until I can scan the negs.

I think they must be making Holgas better these days because none of mine have light leaks and 1 even has a working aperture! :lol:

I used a GFN for these shots so it had the glass lens, these are the first ones that I got back from it and I really like the centre sharpness and the gentle corner blur, I have an N as well and its has mega distortion but its all on the bottom so it can look a little unbalanced.
 
love the second one :)
 
Yes #2, there is actually a class offered in my town about shooting with Holgas
 
LOVE #2 and #3. I have to get me a Holga. I'm charmed by the results that people get with theirs. Good job!!
 
Thanks guys, no.2 is my fave too.

Heres a couple more for anyone whos interested:

4.


5.
 
#2 is my fave of the second batch. My Holga doesn't have too many light leaks in it either, but I had it modded by the holga mods a few years back....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom