What's new

Baby goat

shortpants

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
410
Reaction score
70
Location
New England
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot this yesterday at a nearby farm. It was harder than I thought! These guys don't stay still for very long. Plus I was going back and forth between the black goats, white goats, shade, sun. My meter was going crazy. I wish I got more in focus and didn't cut him off, but anyway, c&c welcome.

472ee040.jpg
 
I really like the strong focus on the eyes and the composition. The only thing I don't like is that the goat's back left blends into the background. But, I realize that you didn't have time to add any lighting to that portion of the frame to create some separation.
 
Thanks. I could probably make it a bit better with some burning and dodging.
 
The only thing I don't like is that the goat's back left blends into the background.
This, and the goat's right side being a bit too bright – it's brighter than her head and that's a bit distracting.

But I love the shot – the tones, the composition, and the expression you captured.
 
Selectively sharpen the face to emphasize that it's in focus and make it pop, then lower the brightness and the contrast on teh rest.

goatnf.jpg
 
Thanks for the tips, I will do another edit and see how it looks.
 
I love the depth of field on this! Lovely shot
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom