Baby William 8 days old

tropico

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.monicagarrett.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first post, and my first newborn session.
Baby William was beautiful and easy to work with. I didn`t get all the poses and backgrounds that I wanted because he woke up.
But I got some good ones.

I still feel they miss some WOW-factor. Can anyone give me any opinions on how to improve my photos?
:D

These are just a few, I am not done developing the rest of my shots.

974803947_mRfqX-L.jpg

974804859_xEGe2-L.jpg

974804844_X3Sgv-L.jpg

Good job! You should be happy with these pictures they look great. You didn't pp the life out of them and I respect that, well done.

Good job! You should be happy with these pictures they look great. You didn't pp the life out of them and I respect that, well done.

Thanks a lot!

But what does PP mean? (Sorry I am pretty new here, and I am norwegian, so my english is not great)

Thanks a lot!

But what does PP mean? (Sorry I am pretty new here, and I am norwegian, so my english is not great)

No it is not peepee lol. PP - post processing - image editing

Thanks a lot!

No it is not peepee lol. PP - post processing - image editing

Thanks! I thought it had to be something like that, but was not sure.

I love all of them! Sweet little baby... I cant wait to get my hands on one so young :)

I love all of them! Sweet little baby... I cant wait to get my hands on one so young :)

It was wonderful working with a newborn. Too bad I have not many pregnant friends at the moment.
I would love to shoot newborns all the time! :thumbup:

looks really good. Wish I had my dslr when my kids were babies. I had to go pay hundreds to Picture People and Kiddie Kandids to get some photos.

Someone on another forum told me that I had to stop using flash and that my photos looked flat. :er:

I did ALL natural light from a window.

Do you get the feeling that this is flashy and flat? And if so, what could I do to improve it?

No. Those who can look do see that these were taken with window light. I wonder how anyone could assume you had used flash, at all!?!? And I would never suggest any DRAMATIC light for newborns! Those photos need to be evenly lit, a bit softly lit, and I like how you went for this soft, white background.

No. Those who can look do see that these were taken with window light. I wonder how anyone could assume you had used flash, at all!?!? And I would never suggest any DRAMATIC light for newborns! Those photos need to be evenly lit, a bit softly lit, and I like how you went for this soft, white background.

Thanks, I was starting to doubt my own eyes. If I used flash I would get more harsh light and shadows.

I will try to lit them a little bit more in Photoshop, to see if I can can get them evenly and soft lit.

Most reactions

Back