Back after a few months of practice and travel

alethionaut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone!

Decided to come back to the forum after a couple more months of practice.
Quick run down of my gear - being the OH of a photographer, and playing with his Canon 7D (no innuendo intended) for several months, I was presented at the start of 2012 summer with a Nikon D300S and various lenses of my very own. Since then I've been trying to assimilate as much information as possible by way of user guides, books, papers, pdfs and anything else that I can get my eyes on as well as getting out there with my gear on as many occasions and using it. With all of this though, I'm still not happy with my pictures.

The kit is good, I just think it's me that is the problem - and getting the settings right. I've been told I have a good eye for what would make a good shot, but it never looks right afterwards, even post processed.

Well, no hobby is ever meant to be as simple as all that right? But having been on this forum previously and gained amazing help and insights, I'm back to try and pick your brains for another term.

More than happy to post my flickr page for constructive criticism if anyone is interested :lmao:

Thanks

People are loathe to go skipping off site to look through someone's Flickr page and comment on random pictures.

You will get better and more useful comments if you actually pick a picture or two that you would like to hear something about and actually post them here.

I had done before in my first or second post (I think) and plan to again, thank you! Learnt a lot already from snooping around the forum so joining and asking for opinions is the logical step.

I guess the hardest part of that is choosing which photo I think is the worst and throwing it up as that's kind of my issue - to me they all look terrible. Oh well, off I go

I had done before in my first or second post (I think) and plan to again, thank you! Learnt a lot already from snooping around the forum so joining and asking for opinions is the logical step.

I guess the hardest part of that is choosing which photo I think is the worst and throwing it up as that's kind of my issue - to me they all look terrible. Oh well, off I go

Don't worry about finding the worst; it may be irredeemable and not worth the effort.
Pick one where you actually decided what to take, framed and exposed it purposefully and where you know why you like it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back