Back drops

lycrarob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Im considering a digital back drop set soon.
It consists of two back drops, a green and a blue screen for superimposing
a digital backdrop behind the subject.
Has anyone heard if it works well, or will I find color seperation from the cromakee backdrops.
Im thinking it's going to work well, as long as I light up the backdrop and the subject equally.

Well, yes of course a chromakey can work well if you do it well. Chromakeying is used all the time; in news weather forcasts, on TV shows, in movies, etc. And sometimes if it's done well then sometimes you can't tell if it's a real backdrop or not. But if it's done poorly then it can also look pretty bad.

My limited experience with green separation shows that you need a large studio and some distance between the background and the subject... otherwise you get green light all over your subject.

But it can be made for some cool effects though...

One of the niftiest things I've ever bought...I love my digital backdrops.
Oh course if confuses the heck out of people your shooting that have no clue or don't fully understand how the process works.

Have Fun...I am!

I just ordered a twistflex reversible chroma key green and blue backdrop. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow. I am very excited to try it out. I have been having fun trying to make my own digital backgrounds but without the chroma key backdrop behind my subject it can be a bit difficult at times. I am hoping this will simplify things?!?

For this, has anyone used chroma key muslins.
What are the advantages of using muslin over twist flex?

I use a muslin. I would guess it would be a whole lot easier to do a full body shot with the subject standing on the background.

Believe I bought mine from B&H.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back