Backyard pics! C&C obviously welcomed...

spag_187

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I can't really find too many interesting things to shoot around the house. I need to get out! Anyhow, a few pics for your C&C. Since buying my first DSLR, I have started to experiment with the different settings of my camera. These were shot in RAW.

Here goes...

IMG_8081.jpg

IMG_8088.jpg

IMG_8093.jpg

I like the shot of the oranges IMHO I would've cropped the other oranges out and centered on the one, but that's me. It does look cool and makes me jealous since it's a bit chilly here to grow one myself :(
I like the one of the bench also. something about it I'm not sure about though. I can't point exactly what bothers me... I like it, but just something funny, maybe the angle? Not sure..

As for interesting subjects around the house... picking common things and finding interesting lighting, angling etc. makes it interesting and leads to creativity. :)

Mmm, that orange looks good enough to eat. :) Did you pick it after you took the picture?

Mmm, that orange looks good enough to eat. :) Did you pick it after you took the picture?

Nope, my daughter and father-in-law pick the trees every other weekend, so I leave them alone.

I like the oranges. I think I would crop a little to the left so the orange on the left is not cut off, if possible. Or, flip it to portrait and eliminate the one on the left. Then I would add a little saturation to make the colors pop, it looks a little dull as is. I think the two bright spots just below the main orange are distracting- they could be darkened in PP? The frog thing doesn't do anything for me, but thats just me. The bench would look better if it were exposed a bit more, I think it would brighten it up. Also the eye is directed to the right- out of the frame by the position of the bench, could it be shifted so there is more space to the right, and less dead space on the left? Also the crop might be a bit too tight on the top and bottom, things are a little crowded. Hope this helps...JSD

These are great. 1 main subject in each, rule of thirds, focus (and depth of field on 1 and 2) are nice and the colors and brightness/contrast look good. I know I'm merely regurgitating typical responses, but I mean it, lol.

And #2 is my favorite.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back