Bag Suggestions?

UUilliam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bag Suggestions?

I am looking for a new bag as my current Lowepro AW 300 cannot fit my laptop in side.

it is a great bag (might sell it if I find a good enough replacement.)
I basically want a shoulder / sling / Messenger / Satchel (whatever you wish to call it.) bag.

enough room to fit:
Laptop (15.6")
Camera (20D)
18-55mm
70-300mm
50mm (attatched to camera most times.)
portable hard drive (could put in my pocket if need be.)
some extra space for some paper work.

I have had a look but cannot really find anything that comes to what I need.
there is some backpacks, but It is for college, I just want something fairly simple, no bags that look over sized and stuff.

I'm a huge fan of the Lowepro Slingshot series. I have the 200, and I carry around a D70 body, a D300 with 18-70, 50mm, Lensbaby, and fisheye. plenty of room, and really comfortable for a full day.

It is a lowepro slingshot I have, but It does not fit my laptop, that is the main problem.
I would prefer the satchel/ messenger bag.

In all honesty, I think you'll have a tough time finding a bag that fits your needs. I've said this here many times before, there just aren't many *good* hybrid camera/laptop bags to choose from. The ones that are out there tend to be severely limited in their capacity for non-camera related gear.

Lowepro Vertex series is fantastic. I have just the 100 and it fits my D700, 50mm, 20-35, 70-200, laptop (better suited for netbooks for my one but if you got a 200 it would be fine), flash gun etc.

Great bag, has lasted the best part of 4 years so far - and that includes being stuck up a mountain in a snow storm :)

I am using the Lowepro Nova 200 AW, but after I add my new flash and a couple lenses I plan on getting soon I think I will be upgrading to the Lowepro Magnum 400AW. It has room for a laptop though I'm thinking of buying a separate Pelican case for it instead so I have room for external HD. You may want to take a look at that.

Tenba - Messenger: Large Photo/Laptop Bag

i've had this for two years and can fit my 15" laptop, gripped nikon d80 (50mm usually attached), 18-135mm, sb-600 flash, portable HD in case, spare batteries & memory cards, filters, papers, pens, etc.

it's a bit pricey but definitely worth it. i use it to carry books around campus, and i take out the photo insert for that. it's really sturdy and i definitely suggest getting it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back