Bag Suitable for my Needs?

I have one of these:Obscura Backpack (Black)It might be overkill for you, but I use it for everything from hiking, on the motorcycle, on the plane. I can have ANY lens on my camera ready to go plus a few more lenses, filters, memory and still have plenty of room for other non-camera stuff. The best part is the camera doesn't get in the way and it's not bigger than a normal backpack.

These might be worth a look too....
Tropfen Backpack (Gray)

Design: No not overkill lol I carry a big police bag to school so that doesn't bother me.
Price: About $75 over

I may just see what I can pick up off ebay for a decent price.

The Clik looks great though. I love how the DSLR is hidden away

I personally use a cheap $10 hip / waist sack that I picked up at Walmart that was suppose to go around your hip while you're jogging? Except I clip it closed and toss it over my head like a messenger bag instead. The one I got came with two spots to hold water bottles which I use to store extra lenses or a flash unit. I've even threaded my Gossen light meter case onto the front strap and have quick access to my light meter. And on the back strap I have attached a point-and-shot camera bag which I picked up for a buck and I store batteries, memory cards and a manual focus 50mm f2.0 lens in there. The only thing I've really done with this thing is added some extra padding to the bottom to help protect the camera when I put the bag down.

I've got tons of other camera bags. Big ones that just sit in my closet housing my sleeping gear. And one of those ones that swing around to give you access to your camera on the side. But I find I use this one 90% of the time, because when I'm wearing it, its like it disappears. Which is great when I'm carrying my youngest daughter around.

I'm actually looking for another one because I've got two separate camera set-ups. And I like this bag so much that when I want switch which camera I'm using I have to empty it and load up the camera I want to use. I'm going to break down and spend another $10-15 so that I can just have one for each camera set-up.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
The LowePro Classified 200 AW would be a good choice. Amazon.com: Lowepro Classified 200 AW: Camera & Photo It's a fairly subtle bag that doesn't scream "Camera gear in here!" They've even toned down the logo.

I use the 250, it holds a ridiculous amount of gear (i have 2 bodies, 4 lenses, SB-800, flash controllers, batteries, cables, charger, notebooks/pens/lenspen, and a copy of Light Science & Magic in mine, and it's very manageable.) The 200 is a smaller version that should suit your needs, and it's under $90 with free shipping.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I only own a T3 with kit lens (which I wish to keep attached) and the only near-future upgrade I'm planning on is either an external flash or a prime so the bag in no way has to be able to hold alot of camera gear.

But as mentioned before it can't be too flashy. I have spoken with my dad and he told me to send him some links to what I'm looking at so I will do that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back