Bald Eagle

CaptainRuss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I could hear this one squaking for a few hours behind the trees on my homestead while I was out turning the compost piles. It was far enough off that it wouldn't show itself but I kept the camera handy just in case. Well, I heard the call get louder and start to move to the one spot it might peek through and I had one chance to get it when it wasn't in front of the sun or blocked by trees. Super cropped too. Not nearly as sharp as Michael Snow's recent shots. Not sure where he got those but I wonder if this could possibly be the same one since I am not far from him.
BED72E5F-438B-4D1F-8D86-A1BA45860CCC.jpeg

Love Eagles !

Aye, it's a bit dark but always good to see such a majestic bird.

You are absolutely right about how dark it is! Ha!

I didn't notice that until you mentioned it so I worked it a little more. It's a tough one to try to pull out. I did notice in the process that there is a band on its right talon. I am told by a ornithologist I work with sometimes that this is a much older eagle, definitely not young, noted by the "graying" of the feathers.

MarchBaldEagle.jpg

You are absolutely right about how dark it is! Ha!

I didn't notice that until you mentioned it so I worked it a little more. It's a tough one to try to pull out. I did notice in the process that there is a band on its right talon. I am told by a ornithologist I work with sometimes that this is a much older eagle, definitely not young, noted by the "graying" of the feathers.

View attachment 204823

That's much better, good job. What you did in your first pic is what I used to do, exact same thing and my pics were always too dark.

Aye, the edit is an improvement imo.

Yup. I changed my workflow as an experiment recently and keep making the same mistake. I used to make exp. adjustments before Topaz denoise but now do them afterwards but keep forgetting that I haven’t already done them.

I’m still working on this, there is a better adjustment to make I just haven’t gotten it yet.

If only the darned bird wasn’t 300’ + away... lucky to have gotten anything at all.

Nice. A huge one flew over my pull barn this evening, he was low too but I was on my phone... I could have got a decent one with my phone, he was that close.

Nice. We have mostly hawks and falcons, but every once in a rare while get treated to an eagle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back