Barn Swallows and some others

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, Danny, for the life of me I can not catch one of these little bastards in flight.. Are you using focus trapping? Anyways, I certainly tried. I should just clone out the reed in the first one and pretend he was flying, lol.. Comments welcome..

Barn Swallow on Reed by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

2 Itchy I guess..
Itchy Barn Swallows by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

3 Finally got a portrait in the light...
Barn Swallow Portrait by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

4 Osprey looking the wrong way, lol
Osprey Looking the wrong way by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Some more Great Egrets..
Great Egret fishing by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Great Egret Flight Portrait by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

#2 & #4 for me.. I've never seen a bird stick out his legs from behind his wings (in #2). Cool shots kris :)

Awesome! But the osprey is awesomest. He's peeking out from under his wing for Pete's sake.

:) I use the lenses fully wide open Kris and with MF focus trapping would be darn hard. My gear is not capable of it Kris. The 500 is always at F/4.5 and the 800 at F/5.6, I have no idea where they will go Kris. I always thought the Kingfisher was really fast until I tried Swallows. I get them used to me Kris which takes a long time, they fly around me now as close as 3 feet from me quite often as they dart all over the place. If you can find a small creek and just watch them Kris, no camera needed. See what they do and they do get sort of predictable ...... yeah sort of. :)

Anyway, beautiful shots Kris, love that first shot !!, wonderful wing spread and what a balance act on that perch, man I wish that was mine. The third shot, SUPERB details. Your Egret shots are to die for with what you've posted, you obviously love them and I can't blame you. Always brilliant timing and the whites are always well held.

All the best Kris and never give up on it, I know you won't and you will nail it and I'm looking forward to it.

Danny.

Last edited:
These are pretty awesome to me, I saw some barn swallows on Sunday and didn't even bother trying, they're so fast.

Thanks everyone!
All the best Kris and never give up on it, I know you won't and you will nail it and I'm looking forward to it.

Danny.
One thing about me, I never give up, lol! I will get one :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back