Basics of Camera Care

Emerana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What are the basics of camera an lens care? :D Do I post too much???

nothing really...they take care of themselves.

Don't get them wet...

If they get dirty...clean them with lens tissue or microfiber cloth.

Keep your stuff in a nice camera bag.

If you come in from the cold....put your camera in a ziplock bag.

Don't drop it, don't bang it against walls, don't use a 300mm tele as a defensive club more than once, don't sell it on eBay if you've used it in a homicide unless you've thoroughly cleaned it, don't take it into an Iraqi sand-storm and wonder about the USM motor's grinding sound, don't use it underwater, don't baby it with special swabs and lotions, don't cover it in cammo to go "birding", don't leave it in a closed car on a hot LA summer day, don't keep it on the shelf if you're not using it - sell it. Don't use AF all the time, don't believe the hype on sharpness, and don't forget that a lens is a tool, not a life-style choice.

Don't drop it, don't bang it against walls, don't use a 300mm tele as a defensive club more than once, don't sell it on eBay if you've used it in a homicide unless you've thoroughly cleaned it, don't take it into an Iraqi sand-storm and wonder about the USM motor's grinding sound, don't use it underwater, don't baby it with special swabs and lotions, don't cover it in cammo to go "birding", don't leave it in a closed car on a hot LA summer day, don't keep it on the shelf if you're not using it - sell it. Don't use AF all the time, don't believe the hype on sharpness, and don't forget that a lens is a tool, not a life-style choice.

Why no camo? I think those camo covers are pretty darn sweet...and seem useful. Maybe not for amateurs...but for a pro, it could help.

haha sideburns you are always on here posting.
but you are quite smart and have helped me out before. So I am not discouraging you!
ahha.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back