Batteries!!!

AlmightyWa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone else have a camera that runs on AA batteries?

My Finepix s7000 seems to be discharging them even when the camera is not on. Is this normal? Has anyone got any reccomendations of good brands of rechargeable batteries I can buy to use with it.

Thanks

Over what period of time does it seem that the batteries are running out, with the camera switched off?

I used to have a digi that took AA - best thing ever invented I think!! So easy to replace them when they run out! But I never ever had a problem with mine. I've actually had this set of AA for over 4 years now! :shock: and they still work perfectly! And I shot a loooot of photos and used them for other stuff in that time.

I suggest investing in a good (fast) charger, and a bunch of batteries. You'll thank yourself for it.

Can't recommend a brand though, coz you prolly won't have the same as we have over here.

If they are rechargables they will run out as they lose charge and need recharging just what they do, The best rechargeables I have bought are actually off eBay 2500M they come in packs of 8 for around £9, so cheap but amazing trust me! I used to have a S7000 and used it at santa pod raceway once and took 2 sets of batteries with me and lasted me for the whole weekend doing around 1500shots. WOW!

i dont know i you got rechargables, but mine seem to discharge when they are in the charger. So when they are charged and the charger is still pluged in, they discharge. Pretty weird in my eyes, but it just happens.

I have two sets of AA rechargables...one sony set that came with a cybershot and a set of energizers. I've had them for years and they still hold the charges pretty well...hell they outlasted the lcd screen on the camera itself. Be aware of what yer buying some require total discharge of power before recharging and other prefer not to be drained before a recharge. Either way, you do it wrong you can really screw the battery life.

Just my $1.73-$1.71. L8r.

doenoe said:
i dont know i you got rechargables, but mine seem to discharge when they are in the charger. So when they are charged and the charger is still pluged in, they discharge. Pretty weird in my eyes, but it just happens.

Yeah,I had that today! Luckily my charger's got a car adapter, so will still able to get some photo's of my grandad's 90th birthday!!

The ones I were using did come with the charger, so they might be a bit dodgy. I spose i'd better invest some cash.

Thanks for the advice

Most reactions

New Topics

Back