What's new

Battous Abstracts

Battou

TPF junkie!
Joined
May 10, 2007
Messages
8,046
Reaction score
65
Location
Slapamonkey, New York
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...I thought I would show some abstracts :thumbup:
Taken with Canon FD 50mm 1.4 on Canon EF
001_1_2.jpg

See it bigger here

[#2 IMG - pulled]

The last one was not an intended one but, I have some issues that need taking care of and I had to publish something out of the Leica so. The first one however was fully intentional and can be replicated.
 
Last edited:
I like the simplicity of number 1 a lot. The softness of the colours gives sort of a peaceful feeling. Completely unrelated side note, but from the point of view of graphic design the image shouts "seventies!".
 
Thanks, I apprieciate that. I felt I had to do an abstract and finally a couple weekends ago decided I would go a head and get it done. I too was quite pleased with it. I took only two shots and the first is identical to this one except it was the first frame and had an unnecessary streak in it, witch I anticipated...hence the second shot :)
 
Battou, you are the king of the elegant bumpers.
 
Awesome!!

As an abstract photographer myself, I find these very interesting, what is number one? The color is great. I can tell pretty much what 2 is (won't give away though). It almost looks like an ultrasound in color . There seem to be very few abstract photographers on this forum.. It's awsome to see someone like you battou embracing this odd form of photography.
 
Battou, you are the king of the elegant bumpers.

I've been known to recycle a post here and there ;)

Liking #1 a lot! Going to try it myself tonight!
Cool, let us know
Awesome!!

As an abstract photographer myself, I find these very interesting, what is number one? The color is great. I can tell pretty much what 2 is (won't give away though). It almost looks like an ultrasound in color . There seem to be very few abstract photographers on this forum.. It's awsome to see someone like you battou embracing this odd form of photography.

...It's the city firedepartment
 
I quite like the first.
Simple, totally un-overwhelming, nice, soft colours.
Reminds me of my own play with intentionally blurred photos of the drinking glasses in my sitting room cabinet when the sun shone directly onto them and made them sparkle...

The second looks like a photo gone wrong to me. Sorry. You yourself say it was not intentional. Well, that's what it looks like. I, for one, do not know at all what it is we might be looking at, all I know is that I get a sense of "way too bright" on the back of my eyes, and they become a little sore...

What are the issues with the Leica you wanted to thus point out and discuss? You never say!
 
I quite like the first.
Simple, totally un-overwhelming, nice, soft colours.
Reminds me of my own play with intentionally blurred photos of the drinking glasses in my sitting room cabinet when the sun shone directly onto them and made them sparkle...

Thank you, I was pleased with that one, it was inspired by an older peice done by THOREHAMMER and it turned out exactly as I expected.

That is straight out of the camera BTW.

The second looks like a photo gone wrong to me. Sorry. You yourself say it was not intentional. Well, that's what it looks like. I, for one, do not know at all what it is we might be looking at, all I know is that I get a sense of "way too bright" on the back of my eyes, and they become a little sore...

What are the issues with the Leica you wanted to thus point out and discuss? You never say!

The issue with the Leica is a toasted shutter curtain (Discussed here.) I sorely misjudged the damage. Quite dissapointed with my self for that failure. You are absolutely right, is is a photo gone wrong. I chose to post that one because I made me think of some weird solar abnormality.
 
Hey, I saw this and thought, That looks familliar !!! Very cool, I'm flattered...

Now I have to delete and defrag tons of files, Zee art cannot be duplicated !!!
Just messing.. lol

Its weird but after a while you find cool stuff for background lights, I should do another with big and small lights, might be weird...
 
Hey, I saw this and thought, That looks familliar !!! Very cool, I'm flattered...

Now I have to delete and defrag tons of files, Zee art cannot be duplicated !!!
Just messing.. lol

Its weird but after a while you find cool stuff for background lights, I should do another with big and small lights, might be weird...

Thanks, When I uploaded that to my PL gallery it was at the time untitled, after some quick thought I went with "Life Cycle of Orbs". With as well as that shot turned out I think I want to try and find a location with a light patern that would better suit the name. :D
 
remember if your using tripod @ night, any reflections from poles,
or swing sets are automatically light points also,

waves in a pond also...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom