Be as brutal as you like,as long as it's constructive

Tony275

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Be as brutal as you like,as long as it's constructive.

DoingTheLightFantastic.jpg

Tony

Well, first a little bit more info would help. What sort of critique do you want? It's difficult being constructive if we don't know what you are looking for.

i can't really understand what this is... well, sure it's a light bulb, but what's the white thing above? or the surface?

as an off-ballance critique i would say i do not like the support of the light bulb, the table or whatever that is. it's just not a nice colour compared to the other, it doesn't... um well fit in. also the light trails (i presume that's what they are) are too contrasty with the background and in no way linked with the rest of the picture.

so, first of all express what you wanted to say with this picture and exactly what it contains and we'll get to it :D

The white thing above I think is the main light source. It looks like a bulb or torch twirled around over the top of the object with a long exposure on the camera in order to paint it with light and get that glowing nimbus effect.

I think it is a nice idea; the problem is that visually the 'glow' section is disconnected from the bulb, which creates an obstacle for the viewer. It would seem that there are two images at work in the same frame. Of course, the quality of the image is quite nice and the technical things are working nicely. I've done some things with lights and clouds and it seems they only work when there is a connection between the two.

My two cents. You get all the good advice you pay for! Keep working at it! Thanks for sharing your image.

Most reactions

Back