agc970

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4208025004_2f94d2abcd_b.jpg

I am pretty new to digital photography so I would really appreciate some feedback on this photo, especially the composition. Thanks :)

We don't have any beaches like this here in KC, where was this taken?

Being from the midwest I drool over pics like this, very nice!

Ok, back to C&C are my eyes playing tricks on me or does the horizon slightly arch up in the center?

Also, I would like to see the waves crashing the shore cropped out, they are distracting my view of the blue ocean.

Ok, back to C&C are my eyes playing tricks on me or does the horizon slightly arch up in the center?

Also, I would like to see the waves crashing the shore cropped out, they are distracting my view of the blue ocean.

Yes the horizon does arch up in the center... I'm guessing because of the angle this was shot at and the fact that in the original, the horizon is totally tilted to the left. Not sure if this is something I could fix or not...

That is an interesting suggestion about cropping it that way. This was actually taken with a point & shoot so I'm not sure the resolution of the photo is big enough to make that kind of a crop. But being new to this, I really don't know, maybe it would still work?

Yes the horizon does arch up in the center... I'm guessing because of the angle this was shot at and the fact that in the original, the horizon is totally tilted to the left. Not sure if this is something I could fix or not...

That is an interesting suggestion about cropping it that way. This was actually taken with a point & shoot so I'm not sure the resolution of the photo is big enough to make that kind of a crop. But being new to this, I really don't know, maybe it would still work?

I think it would make a cool panorama shot without the waves, you may just have to do a small print so the resolution isn't bad.
I don't have photoshop so I don't know about fixing the horizon.

oh yes a panorama would be really nice! i'm thinking maybe i can try to warp the horizon?? i will have to play with it and see. thanks for the advice on this, you're very helpful :)

Angela I checked out your Flikr, I like your Liberty Memorial pics. I went there for a night shoot in November, my Digital Photography class did a KC Skyline panorama. It turned out really well, you may want to give that a try sometime.

I really love the colors! The only thing I don't like, personally, about taking beach pictures, is I always end up with a just a few shots because the ocean always looks similar to the last ocean picture I took twenty minutes ago, ya know? But this is really great! I love Myrtle Beach!

I really love the colors! The only thing I don't like, personally, about taking beach pictures, is I always end up with a just a few shots because the ocean always looks similar to the last ocean picture I took twenty minutes ago, ya know? But this is really great! I love Myrtle Beach!

Where do you live? Maybe you take the ocean for granted? :D
It's a 16 hour drive for me to get to the Gulf and see the beautiful ocean and beach. I never get tired of taking pictures of Sunsets, palm trees the ocean etc. But I'm sure it's just because I know that I have to soak it up while I'm there.

Most reactions

Back