Beach Kid

carly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are several of a shoot I did on New Year's Day 2007 in 60 degree weatheer in upstate NYS on a small lake....

slamonriverfalls050.jpg

kid-1-1.jpg

morrieandkid.jpg

slamonriverfalls064.jpg

i like number 3 best

they look a bit snapshotty to me, as you had the dog in one hand and the camera in the other and shot. not necessarily a bad thing - but my advise to you would be to get down lower the next time you have a chance to photograph children and animals. get on their level, it makes it feel more real.

i do love the setting, lighting and the little boys apperal. all good -

the focus is a bit soft for me though. but hey - who am I to talk today when I had a not so perfect shoot myself. you learn and move on and do better next time.

i believe you have a good thing going - i would love to see some more of your children work. Cat

thanks for the good feedback. I wasn't holding onto the dog (it was my dog and he just loves kids sooo...) I almost had to pose this kid, he was a bit shy.

Had fun, tho, took about 75 shots.:lmao:

I agree with everything already said. Especially photocat's suggestion to get down lower. However, I would add that they are rather center heavy. It's a normal critique given on message boards. However, I do think these photos would benefit from either the rule of thirds or getting in closer on the subject.

Number 4 would work especially well if the boy nearly filled the frame. Allow a little bit of water at the bottom of the frame as a location reference.

Most reactions

Back