beach portrait

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What do you think about this one? I am not sure about the crop / composition.

Actually, right now it is un-cropped, and no serious post-processing has been done.

N_2555.jpg

nice. the curve of her cheeks and hair have a certain continuity. very unique shot.

thanks for the first comment on my first portrait-like shot I posted on this forum ever ... if I remember right :)

now I think I should have cropped it so I get rid of the horizon.

I like the pic...she has a lovely, unselfconscious smile and the curve of her cheek, with the sprinkling of freckles, and that curving lock of hair tucked behind her ear, all combine to make a nice candid shot.

thanks for even calling it candid :)

does anyone think I should postprocess? work on the skin or colour a bit?

I am a bit helpless with this one, as you know normally I do not ask so many simple questions ;)

If you don't change anything it'd still be okay. But if you're worried about the horizon. just rotate a snudge. Keep the crop!

There are so many curves complimenting each other in this photo. Not just her cheek and hair behind her ear. You have capture what I consider a wholesome feeling.

Could just be my eyes today, but I get a hint of the same color in the horizon as in her headgear. I wouldn't crop it out if it were mine. Nicely done.

i dont think you should touch a thing on that picture except maybe take out the horizon. i think you caught a great moment and you shouldnt alter it. there is something thats really honest and real about that shot (probably her smile).

its a beautiful snapshot.

thanks to all of you .. so first thing I will try is just straighten the horizon ...

seems like most people like it (the image) .. or her ;)

just a little *bump* before I might post the alternative versions ;)

so, which is the better crop now?

1:
N2_2555.jpg

2:
N3_2555.jpg

Without the horizon is better....her right eyelash can be seen just beyond bridge of her nose, try removing it.

Candid is the word. nice.....

Nr.2 is the best..thats what i belive though.

sounds like you all speak with one voice! ;)

Thanks for the hint with the eyelash!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back