Beach scene

Dominantly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to the beach today and took a few shots. These are two I converted to B&W to see if they had any appeal. Intense was the direction I was going.
So, any opinions on them?

Project365Day1-1.jpg

Project365Day1-2.jpg

the first thing that came into my mind was intense when i looked at these. i really like them. cool shots :thumbup:

I really like #1....excellent! #2 just doesn't compare (just my opinion). I prefer the composition and water in #1, #2 would probably have worked better if you didn't include the island, the sky is phenomenal in this one and should be the main point of focus (the rule of thirds would help here but I believe you did well to disreguard it in #1).

I really like #1....excellent! #2 just doesn't compare (just my opinion). I prefer the composition and water in #1, #2 would probably have worked better if you didn't include the island, the sky is phenomenal in this one and should be the main point of focus (the rule of thirds would help here but I believe you did well to disreguard it in #1).
Thank you for your specific C&C!

What is your opinion on this one from the same period?
My goal was to get a large portion the rocks when the water was back, and then have the rock wall and waterline guide your eyes to the cliffs. It just happened that there were quite a few people gathered down there, and the look kinda ghost like in the photo:confused:

beachbw.jpg

I love them, but the horizon is not horizontal, which is ruining it for me. I feel like i'm going to fall off.

I don't have any CC for you but I really like the shots.

I love the sky in these but for me I have trouble at first distinguishing ocean from the sky, they blend in too much. I think in color would suit these better.

i love this picture. i opened this thread and went, "wow." very cool shots i love the sky.

Most reactions

Back