Becky

Granddad

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On Sunday we had the joy of another all day belly dancer shoot for my favourite agency. Six ladies, all very different. I traveled to their location with my portable studio and shot and shot and shot... I burned out three of my old Neewer strobes (they started smoking) but being an ex boy scout I had spares (the next ones I buy will have built in fans).

I finished putting my 2000 shots through initial selection and LR this morning. These are 4 of the best of just one of the ladies. No Photoshop has been applied yet apart from the backgrounds. Becky isn't just a pretty face, she also has a master's degree.

As with all my photos C&C are welcome - as I have yet to put the finishing touches to these I may take suggestions into account in the final stages.

Becky-0949.jpg

Becky-0924.jpg

Becky-0733.jpg

Becky-0742.jpg

Nice set Grandad! Always good to have spares, 'though I don't think I've ever smoked three strobes in a session in my life! :lol: Just a couple of very minor nits: The reflection on the "invisible" bra strap in #2 needs to go away, and #s 3 & 4 seem just a bit hot, especially #4. I'd drop #3 about 1/3 stop and #4 about 2/3.

Nice set Grandad! Always good to have spares, 'though I don't think I've ever smoked three strobes in a session in my life! :lol: Just a couple of very minor nits: The reflection on the "invisible" bra strap in #2 needs to go away, and #s 3 & 4 seem just a bit hot, especially #4. I'd drop #3 about 1/3 stop and #4 about 2/3.

This for #1 as well. (or "heal" the strap line out.)

Other than the obvious:eyebrows: I like #2 except for the strap (like the others said) and the messy hair on the same shoulder.

I think the second one is the most flattering to the lady. Looks like it was a fun session.

The strobes were part of my original kit purchase about 3 years ago; you get what you pay for. A couple of them have been hot before ... which is why I bought 4 new ones "just in case". I think I've had my moneys worth out of these so on health and safety grounds they will be retired. I'll now have to buy some better ones for spares.

The bra straps: noted. When the subjects have made their choices (I give them about 30 to choose 12 from) I do the full monty on processing.

The hot exposure: I tend to up the exposure a touch on images for print as they usually tend to print a bit on the dark side. I shouldn't have done that on these at this point so thanks for the reminder. :D

Other than the obvious:eyebrows: I like #2 except for the strap (like the others said) and the messy hair on the same shoulder.

The messy hair comes as par for the course with the idea of shooting dancers in motion rather than in all posed shots. #2 was posed but came after some in motion floorwork shots. Not ideal but it's not messy enough to take it out of the running. :)

Most reactions

Back