Been offered a job

Newtricks

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's one of these shady fly by night companies that are all over the Hollywood area... they will pay me $40 for every victim (err client) I shoot, no post processing just email the photos forward. I know that this is a scam, fake casting calls, charging for head shots and at the end of the day all the kid is out is a couple hundred bucks! I will not do it.

My question is... short of violence, how do I stop them? One thought was to take photos of everyone involved with this operation and send them all to LAPD vice.

Why even do it then ?

... and they pay you some time in the future after they've received the photos ???

Construction adhesive -- think of the movie "Home Alone" and the basement stairs.

One thought was to take photos of everyone involved with this operation and send them all to LAPD vice.

And unless you describe the operation better than you did here, they'll just blink and stare...

It's one of these shady fly by night companies that are all over the Hollywood area... they will pay me $40 for every victim (err client) I shoot, no post processing just email the photos forward. I know that this is a scam, fake casting calls, charging for head shots and at the end of the day all the kid is out is a couple hundred bucks! I will not do it.

My question is... short of violence, how do I stop them? One thought was to take photos of everyone involved with this operation and send them all to LAPD vice.

Why is everyone so quick to rule out violence?

WWII was chock full of violence but it worked - lol

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

And what?
Throw Burritos ? or Nerf blocks ?
discharged batteries ?

Why even do it then ?

Well that is the point Astro, I will not do it, but want to see these people put away.

I'll second the question "What should they be put away for?"

Business; any business, will have its share of scumbags. That's just the way it goes. I spent 16 years in the music industry. That's where you'll find the varsity squad of scumbags; usually promoters. Photograhers? Man, they're the Pop Warner team.

While you may not like the manner in which they conduct business, the reality is that the manner in which they're doing business is probably legal. The fact that it's legal is not their fault.

If you don't want to do it, don't do it. But you would be well served to find out for sure if they're engaged in any illegal activity before you start notifying the authorities...

Contact LAPD fraud, not vice.

Thanks Keith, you are right the Fraud division would be better than vice. The problem I've seen over and again with scams like this, we call the cops, they tell you "okay that's for your concern" and that is as far as it goes. I lived down town Hollywood "Sunset and Western" for 15 years and couldn't tell you how many kids I've seen show up thinking they could make it in the movies, I never gave them money but would buy a meal for anyone that asked. this company that contacted me yesterday is only out to take advantage of these kids. I'd rather take my 870 to their office and end their scam than be part of it. My moral compass doesn't exactly point true north, there are some things that I can not... will not sit by and watch.

Last edited:

And what?
Throw Burritos ? or Nerf blocks ?
discharged batteries ?

Always works in Steven Segal movies. Well, as much as one could say that anything works in a Segal movie.. lol

I'll second the question "What should they be put away for?"

Business; any business, will have its share of scumbags. That's just the way it goes. I spent 16 years in the music industry. That's where you'll find the varsity squad of scumbags; usually promoters. Photograhers? Man, they're the Pop Warner team.

Hey Steve, I did check out these people, they have no Industry contacts and are simply taking advantage of these kids, charging them for head shots, taking there money with nothing to offer in return. I worked in/made a career of the motion picture industry, had to retire after 25 years because 4 herniated disc. These folks are telling kids living on the streets, fresh into the LA area, we can get you work in film when in fact they can not, it's a scam. That's why I think the best option is to go to their office and talk them out of continuing this scam. Inciting kids into prostitution or whatever they can do for money, because they believe it will lead to a better future is wrong on every level.

Sorry, take advantage of adults who just never learned, but when it come to kids... I have no forgiveness. I've done many questionable things in my life, never to children. Have you ever seen a teen or preteen starving on the streets of Hollywood, willing to do anything for a better life, I've seen more than I care to recall, NEVER asked anything from them, just bought them food.

Sorry but this is a point for me I just can't get past.

Last edited:
You think the LAPD is going to take time out of their busy schedule shooting dogs and writing jaywalking tickets in order to bust people legally charging to take people's photos because something may or may not come out of it people people don't read contracts? You give them too much credit, even if this was a crime, that they'd actually do something to stop it. In fact, since it generates profit, they may join in...

You think the LAPD is going to take time out of their busy schedule...

Nope, I know they won't... the only purpose of the LAPD is righting tickets and generating revenue. That doesn't mean I can't take up a cause!!!

ps What really sucks about taking up a cause... you make yourself a target.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back