been playing with Leica

duncanp said:
:O i need ti get a job in camera shop somewhere.... if only i was a little older :(

[SIZE=-1]Patience, young padwan[/SIZE]

Well they are one of few older German premium 35mm brand still around, the Japanese companies knocked most the of German companies out of photography in the 60’s & 70’s, today Nikon & Canon’s premium lenses and cameras are as good as Leica

But the Leica legendary you talk about is with their M series cameras, the “M” are rangefinder and not SLR, so you do not see thru lens as you do with an SLR, most companies stopped making RF back the late 60’s but Leica keep making them, both RF & SLRs have there pluses & negatives, the big plus with any RF is that they smaller and lighter that an equivalent premium SLR systems

Additionaly:
the rangefinder Leica's not only had/have (?) stunning optics and A-1 workmanship/build-quality, they also had an almost imperceptible click when the shutter opened and closed. You could hear it only if your ear was within 4 inches of the cam*. This made them ideal for photographing formal events – in those days silence was important during them – like weddings and such, because the photog would be almost unnoticeable. Which is how they wanted it then.

*what a difference with today's loudly clicking and clacking shutters and mirrors....!

acsonpg said:
Do you think we could get a quanity discount???? :D

i would like to think so... hmm if inoly i could get each member to sponsor me £1 id be well on my way :)

hobbes28 said:
I'm thinking it would take more than just one of us to buy that for ya... :lol:

I think we need to attract some generous philanthropists to the forum :D

Most reactions

Back