Beer Lovers

There are a bunch in this area - Yards, Phila. Brewing Co., Sly Fox, Victory, Troeg's (Harrisburg - not around the corner), Flying Fish (NJ), Prism, Iron Hill, Dock Street, etc.

50+ breweries around the area I live and a good friend owns one of them and his head brewer came over from Canada to brew for him

Not able to comment on local breweries as they would all be in Japanese and I couldn't navigate my way through one if I tried. However, they do this thing here where they take beer and freeze it and add it to beer so that you end up with this ice cold beer with a frozen slushy head. Extremely good on a hot day.

Back home, my all-time favorite beer is Black Butte Porter by Deschutes Brewery. So good once it hits your lips.
I remember drinking frozen Saki slushies on those hot and muggy August days ... good stuff.

You from the Pdx area?

Well, from the NW. Grew up in Boise Idaho but spent a few years in Portland. Brother and his family live in Seattle and all of my extended family still live in Sherwood/Newberg area and Vancouver.

It's God's country. Until you've watched the mist rise off the Sandy River while catching Koho, you don't know peace. Proposed to my wife on the Multnomah Falls bridge. Married down town on the top floor of the Hilton overlooking Big Pink and the city (Lady Hood wasn't out that day). Been a lot of places but nothing compares to the NW.

There's a brewery in Chandler, AZ called San Tan Brewing. Their Oktoberfest is the best I've had outside of Germany and they make a really nice pale ale called Devil's Ale, which IMO tastes just fine poured out of a can.

You from the Pdx area?

Well, from the NW. Grew up in Boise Idaho but spent a few years in Portland. Brother and his family live in Seattle and all of my extended family still live in Sherwood/Newberg area and Vancouver.

It's God's country. Until you've watched the mist rise off the Sandy River while catching Koho, you don't know peace. Proposed to my wife on the Multnomah Falls bridge. Married down town on the top floor of the Hilton overlooking Big Pink and the city (Lady Hood wasn't out that day). Been a lot of places but nothing compares to the NW.
Cool! I went to Multnomah falls as well on my trip. I'll have to post the photos I took in pdx and Seattle in a separate thread.

Berkshire Brewing | Coffehouse Porter by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Likely one of my favorite brews. I first had it on tap about 6 months ago and instantly fell in love. It smelled of espresso, tasted of dark coffee, and went down smoothly. I'm not much of a beer reviewer (I don't know all the fancy jargon and such), but I can tell you that if you like dark/complex/coffee flavored brews, this one is well worth a buy. ESPECIALLY on tap. It smells heavenly on tap.

Jake

Keep an eye out for Thornbridge beers very close to me and I'm sure they are expoting to the US fantastic beer

Oh my. Had this last night. Oskar Blues - Ten Fidy. I can only imagine it's called Ten Fidy because it's 10.5% of pure awesomeness. However, the FOUR PACK of TWELVE oz CANS was FIFTEEN DOLLARS!

But dang.

ibmeYhMSzHu2t1.jpg

Buzz and I have been drinking at the Adirondack Brewery this weekend. Lovely beer.

Buzz and I have been drinking at the Adirondack Brewery this weekend. Lovely beer.
Cooolll.......I've had the Dirty Blonde and Bear naked ales before. Friend of mine brought some back from visiting family in that area. Really good stuff. Would love to try them all in their natural environment. Looks like a nice, fun place.

Most reactions

Back