A few from a project I will be working on (It involves beer!)

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am taking some photos and directing the placement of some of the images I will be taking on a local breweries website. They're getting a full site redesign, and it's going to allow both the designer, developer, and I to really show our personality. I am really excited about the project, not only because I love beer, but the brewmaster is a very cool and down to earth fellow. It also means that I'll be drinking a lot of beer during the shoots, as it is mandatory. ;)

These images are not finals for the site, but I liked them so I figured I'd share. Today was more a "meet-n-greet" than anything, but I still snapped a few frames. I used the Sigma 85/1.4 on the 5D and the 35/1.4L on the 5D2. Love that combo.

iyfxiUHIe1QOm.jpg

iziAVXdPAsCLE.jpg

idSig06j50UMv.jpg

This is a type of grain that they use in the brewing process. I got to actually taste it in its raw form, and the only thing I can compare it to is Grape Nuts. There was also a darker one (that was roasted for longer, and used in their Baltic Porter) that actually tasted like coffee. Yum!

idpo92eqYhV79.jpg

I learned a lot today about the brewing process, the gravity of beer, and how beer is stored. Very informative, and very fun.

looks cool man! Keep us updated on how things go

Loving the beer glass, but what would make it perfect is a medium bodied brew with a nice head. After that drink ...er taste test it until you get below the word Portland. Or leave the glass filled and you got yourself a nice brown background. You might have to do that a few, 5 times :). Nice preview Tyler.

Loving the beer glass, but what would make it perfect is a medium bodied brew with a nice head. After that drink ...er taste test it until you get below the word Portland. Or leave the glass filled and you got yourself a nice brown background. You might have to do that a few, 5 times :). Nice preview Tyler.

Thanks! Yes, I'm going to do a lot of different things with the beer. Either in glasses, or in an environment. My plan is to coordinate with the fellows there and find where they picture, or imagine each of their brews being enjoyed. Like, the Big Claw Pilsner... I can picture that being drank on the beach, or at a lobster bake (it was brewed to be paired with Lobster). I intend to implement elements of Maine and coastal living into the photograph, but the main focus will be on the beer. I've got so many ideas brewing​, it's not even funny. :)

Mid day beer bump

LOVE shot 2.

I would have liked a tad more DOF on the grain in hand shot. Not saying it's wrong as is, by any means, just would have liked to have seen it that way. I get thrown off when a subject is partially in focus and there's no real reason for what is and isn't in focus.

LOVE shot 2.

Thanks!

I would have liked a tad more DOF on the grain in hand shot. Not saying it's wrong as is, by any means, just would have liked to have seen it that way. I get thrown off when a subject is partially in focus and there's no real reason for what is and isn't in focus.

I agree, I would have liked a bit more DoF as well. Shot it at f/1.8 if my memory serves me correctly in a spur of the moment fashion. I'm planning on retaking a similar shot with a deeper DoF.

Thanks for commenting!

Shot a few more today, less impromtu. Here's one of the Big Claw:

idu9hWmsdH6bP.jpg

ƒ/6.3, 1/200s, 85mm, ISO 100

o hey tyler said:
Thanks! Yes, I'm going to do a lot of different things with the beer. Either in glasses, or in an environment. My plan is to coordinate with the fellows there and find where they picture, or imagine each of their brews being enjoyed. Like, the Big Claw Pilsner... I can picture that being drank on the beach, or at a lobster bake (it was brewed to be paired with Lobster). I intend to implement elements of Maine and coastal living into the photograph, but the main focus will be on the beer. I've got so many ideas brewing​, it's not even funny. :)

Since you love food as well, maybe make a meal an incorporate the local brews. Kind of here's the best local brews to wash down after a hearty meal....food for thought :)

o hey tyler said:

Since you love food as well, maybe make a meal an incorporate the local brews. Kind of here's the best local brews to wash down after a hearty meal....food for thought :)

Did you see the image I posted last night?

o hey tyler said:
Did you see the image I posted last night?

No I was drunk lol. Let's have a look see. That looks mighty tasty

Most reactions

New Topics

Back