Beer Lovers

Buzz and I have been drinking at the Adirondack Brewery this weekend. Lovely beer.
Cooolll.......I've had the Dirty Blonde and Bear naked ales before. Friend of mine brought some back from visiting family in that area. Really good stuff. Would love to try them all in their natural environment. Looks like a nice, fun place.

It's a nice place. Staff know their stuff, and food's pretty good - nothing Michigan rated or anything, but definitely above your average pub fare. We had some beer that doesn't seem to be listed on the website. Last night we both had a brown ale and today I had a Belgian-style white while buzz went the opposite route and had a stout.

We're still kicking ourselves for forgetting to bring our empty growlers to fill up! But we've also been known to get up early and shoot up here for lunch and a nice walk by the lake, and then drive home for dinner, so we can make a beer run another time :)

If you ever travel east, it's worth a stop in Lake George.

Buzz and I have been drinking at the Adirondack Brewery this weekend. Lovely beer.
Cooolll.......I've had the Dirty Blonde and Bear naked ales before. Friend of mine brought some back from visiting family in that area. Really good stuff. Would love to try them all in their natural environment. Looks like a nice, fun place.

It's a nice place. Staff know their stuff, and food's pretty good - nothing Michigan rated or anything, but definitely above your average pub fare. We had some beer that doesn't seem to be listed on the website. Last night we both had a brown ale and today I had a Belgian-style white while buzz went the opposite route and had a stout.

We're still kicking ourselves for forgetting to bring our empty growlers to fill up! But we've also been known to get up early and shoot up here for lunch and a nice walk by the lake, and then drive home for dinner, so we can make a beer run another time :)

If you ever travel east, it's worth a stop in Lake George.
I will definitely have to do that if we ever get back east that far. One of the other guys brought back some Yuenling when he was in DC. Wasn't particularly impressed with the Yuenling. Really liked the Dirty Blonde Ale. From the looks of things the Lake George area seems to be pretty scenic as well. Besides it's far enough from The Big Apple for my tastes. New York City is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

I will definitely have to do that if we ever get back east that far. One of the other guys brought back some Yuenling when he was in DC. Wasn't particularly impressed with the Yuenling. Really liked the Dirty Blonde Ale. From the looks of things the Lake George area seems to be pretty scenic as well. Besides it's far enough from The Big Apple for my tastes. New York City is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Yuengling...meh. The only time I drank it was when my friend and I got stuck while driving through a bad snow storm in Pennsylvania. Finally pulled off on an exit on the highway to try to ride out the storm. The sole building in sight was the "901 Pub." Pints of Yuengling for 75 cents (yes, this was probably 20 years ago or so). We drank many pints, played Nancy Sinatra on the jukebox, got acquainted with a young man who called himself Lone Wolf, and learned a new card game that had no name so we dubbed it, "Goddamn Bastard."

Can't really top that, so drinking it ever again would only be a let down. Granted, it wouldn't be that much of a let down since the level wasn't so high to begin with, but still ;)

image.jpg
My personal favorite. Thirty cents a quart. Taste like a pond.

Yuengling...meh. The only time I drank it was when my friend and I got stuck while driving through a bad snow storm in Pennsylvania. Finally pulled off on an exit on the highway to try to ride out the storm. The sole building in sight was the "901 Pub." Pints of Yuengling for 75 cents (yes, this was probably 20 years ago or so). We drank many pints, played Nancy Sinatra on the jukebox, got acquainted with a young man who called himself Lone Wolf, and learned a new card game that had no name so we dubbed it, "Goddamn Bastard."

Can't really top that, so drinking it ever again would only be a let down. Granted, it wouldn't be that much of a let down since the level wasn't so high to begin with, but still ;)
Yeah I can't say I really see the allure of Yuengling in general. It was a fairly middle of the road beer.

Yeah I can't say I really see the allure of Yuengling in general. It was a fairly middle of the road beer.
I was so unimpressed with the Yuengling that given the choice I would choose Coors over Yuengling. At the opposite end of the spectrum the worst I think I ever tasted was Mickeys. I've never tasted the sweat from a pair of gym socks but I'm guessing that Mickeys has captured the essence.
p10301231.jpg

Last edited:
I generally love craft beers. A young neigbour of mine got into brewing his own and he has experimented with various recipes and methods. He stuff is so good, that my daughter and her husband (a good friend of theirs), decided to offer his beer as the "house" beer at their wedding about a month ago. The beer was heavenly - smooth, flavourful with hints of honey and caramel, with a nice head and a nice colour (unfiltered, so somewhat cloudy).

On a more commercial level, there are lots of local micro-breweries around and the grocery stores are now stocking many of the local microbrews in specialty sections that are catering to the micro-breweries. So the opportunity to try something new is always there and the variety of flavours is quite astounding. The alcohol content ranges from low (3%) to about 11% at the high end, with many being in the 6-8% range. Stouts, porters, lagers, ales... all plentiful. And when added to the growing trend of artisinal bakeries, cheese-makers and charcuteries, the quality of food and drink available is quite encouraging. Also the growth of bike paths to allow us to work off what we so happily eat and drink.

Last edited:
I generally love craft beers. A young neigbour of mine got into brewing his own and he has experimented with various recipes and methods. He stuff is so good, that my daughter her husband (a good friend of theirs), decided to offer his beer as the "house" beer at their wedding about a month ago. The beer was heavenly - smooth, flavourful with hints of honey and caramel, with a nice head and a nice colour (unfiltered, so somewhat cloudy).

On a more commercial level, there are lots of local micro-breweries around and the grocery stores are now stocking many of the local microbrews in specialty sections that are catering to the micro-breweries. So the opportunity to try something new is always there and the variety of flavours is quite astounding. The alcohol content ranges from low (3%) to about 11% at the high end, with many being in the 6-8% range. Stouts, porters, lagers, ales... all plentiful. And when added to the growing trend of artisinal bakeries, cheese-makers and charcuteries, the quality of food and drink available is quite encouraging. Also the growth of bike paths to allow us to work off what we so happily eat and drink.
Yeah, I'm guessing that biking in Canada would allow you to work off those delicious calories, but why the bike paths???:allteeth:
funny-bicycle-snow-winter-ski.jpg

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Most reactions

Back