jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A couple of pix of bees on Milkweed. The Milkweed flowers are 5mm, to give you and idea of the size. Taken with the Sigma 105mm + Sigma 1.4x extender. Focusing was a challenge with the movement.

1 Sweat Bee
may27202201 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 Western Honey Bee (These guys are in decline, so it's always good to see them in the garden.)
may27202202 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

We have always had Bumble bees and honey bees seem to be appearing more frequently but other insects like hover flies have definitely declined over the last three year. Nice images. Let's hope they don't become a historical record.

Nice shooting, Jeff. Focusing has never been easy for me with macro. I remember one day in particular where I couldn't look through the view finder because the subject was over my head on a tall flower and it was too bright to use the articulated screen, so I had to hold the camera over my head, focus, refocus and keep taking shots in the hopes I got one decent pic. It actually worked, got some good close-ups, but it wore me out.

wow shots.......beautiful

Very good shots.....
Thank you!
We have always had Bumble bees and honey bees seem to be appearing more frequently but other insects like hover flies have definitely declined over the last three year. Nice images. Let's hope they don't become a historical record.
Thanks! I've been collecting the plastic tubes that doggy poo bags come on, because I discovered by accident that bee flies will build their nests in them, so I am going to build a 24 tube nest and put it out. Bee flies are flies, but they are pollinators, and look like bees. When my holly was in bloom, I had a lot of bees on the blossoms.
Great colors. Sweat bees are tiny little creatures. You did well
Thank you!
Nice shooting, Jeff. Focusing has never been easy for me with macro. I remember one day in particular where I couldn't look through the view finder because the subject was over my head on a tall flower and it was too bright to use the articulated screen, so I had to hold the camera over my head, focus, refocus and keep taking shots in the hopes I got one decent pic. It actually worked, got some good close-ups, but it wore me out.
Thanks, Kirk!
wow shots.......beautiful
Thank you!

Most reactions

Back