Beginner budget cameras

RadiantYT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, so im fed up of 30 year old yashica cameras and want to get into dslr cameras. i have 200 euro and that (where i live) can get me a canon eos 550d or a nikon d3100 with all stuff included. which is the better one or are there others?

Welcome to the forum.

Of the 2, I would have to say the 550D is the better performer. They are pretty evenly matched sensor performance wise. But the Canon does the performance with a larger output sensor. For your price range and if a 550D is available and is in good working condition. The 550D is probably the better camera.

You should go with eos550d, and the reasons are:
Full HD - Movie format 1080p @ 30fps
External mic jack - External mic jack Record higher quality audio with a microphone
High resolution screen - Screen resolution 1,040k dots
Really small - Size Prosumer size (129×98×62 mm

I have owned both. I would say they are very close in performance and for 200 you can't go wrong with either one.

There certainly are others. Nothing wrong with either of the options you listed, but depending on you shooting preferences they may not be the most suitable for you.
Ergonomics go a long way in determining which camera work for you, so see if you can get your hands on them briefly to see how they feel & how the menus work for you.
I personally prefer Pentax for value for money (my first Pentax DSLR was £150 about 10 years ago!) and am increasingly going over to micro four thirds mirrorless cameras - all the models I use here being under £250 when I got them a few years back.

Coming from a Yashica, mirrorless cameras have a significant advantage that they can work well with your current lenses via an adapter. This is always a benefit on a budget :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back