Beginner, first 58 exposures ever of my tiger friends

KJoseph

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I just tried my hands at photography, with a growing interest, heres some shots I got out of my Yashica TL Electro X with little to no experience, and only a somewhat OK idea of the concepts of iso, shutter speed, and aperture.

Enjoy, and I included edited versions of most of the photos, along with the originals.

No tripid, all hand shot.

Login to a private Photobucket.com album

What do you all think? Any suggestions on ways I may improve?

I don't think it helps much that the people you are asking for comments from have to log into Photobucket first. Many people, myself included, don't use that particular hosting site and are unlikely to create an account just to look at someone elses shots. Can you make them publicly visible either on that site, or preferably within the thread using the
insertimage.gif
icon?

It would help if we could view them.

heres some shots I got out of my Yashica TL Electro X
Film camera?

I looked at your Photobucket gallery...I think you should pick the ones you like best and post them here for C&C. The shots are "okay"...none of them stand out to me.

its best to just pick 2 or 3 that you want cc for, then post a link to a gallery.. you'll get more result that way

Film camera?

I looked at your Photobucket gallery...I think you should pick the ones you like best and post them here for C&C. The shots are "okay"...none of them stand out to me.

Yeah its a film camera. I'm still waiting on my D80 which is in the mail.

FHH000003-edited.jpg

FHH000017-edited.jpg

FH000003-edited.jpg

Saber-in-the-pool-35mm-med-.jpg

FH000004-edited.jpg

FH000005-edited.jpg

This one below and above are my two favorites. You can just feel the animal through their eyes.
FH000012-edited.jpg

FH000009-edited.jpg

I was experimenting with learning about aperture, shutter speed, and ISO while working with these first shots.

I think they turned out pretty well for not having a tripod, a steady set of hands, or any solid knowledge of photography. I'm getting the hang of its primitive light meter though, I got some what i think were really good shots today.

These were my favorites.

The fence is just ruining the viewing experience for me.

The picture without the fence is a difficult shot because part of the shot is in shadows and part of it is in bright sunlight...the sunlit areas are blown out or very washed out. The area in shadow is nicely exposed, but the tiger just isn't holding my attention...my eyes keep drifting up to the red ball.

Yeah the fence does ruin a lot of it, but its not safe to take the camera into the cage with us, because they know when your not paying attention and will take advantage of that situation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back