Beginner from San Jose, California

ChrisLaynes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone. My name is Chris and I am a beginner photographer from San Jose, CA. Well maybe a bit more than beginner. I understand how aperture, shutter speed and ISO all work together, but I need to improve my skill with each setting when it comes to when and where, as well as improve my composition skill. I have a Canon Rebel T6i and a couple lenses (my favorites are my 24-70mm f2.8L mark II, and a nifty fifty mm f2.8 STM). I have loved photography since I took a photography class in high school and haven't really gotten serious about improving it (as a hobby for now). If I ever end up getting good at photography, I'd like to buy better equipment (Canon 5D Mark III is good, the IV is too pricey) and do it as a business, since it's what I enjoy, but I feel I am a long way from that right now.

I'd like to meet up for local around-the-town photography meets with people that have the same passion, and improve my skill sharing tips and tricks with other people since I learn best hands-on. I am married with two boys (3 and 1 year old) so my time is limited for this hobby but I am hoping to squeeze in some time every week or so.

Designer

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
Welcome to TPF, Chris. You've already got plenty of gear to get started on making great images. The 24-70 has a lot of useful angles of view in it, and the 50 is also a solid lens. I hope you can make the most of everything, and have a fun time while shooting!

OP
C

ChrisLaynes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thanks guys! Hi Derrel. I agree, I do have sufficient equipment for great images. Just need to go out and practice more though :)

Most reactions

New Topics