Beginner from San Jose, California

ChrisLaynes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone. My name is Chris and I am a beginner photographer from San Jose, CA. Well maybe a bit more than beginner. I understand how aperture, shutter speed and ISO all work together, but I need to improve my skill with each setting when it comes to when and where, as well as improve my composition skill. I have a Canon Rebel T6i and a couple lenses (my favorites are my 24-70mm f2.8L mark II, and a nifty fifty mm f2.8 STM). I have loved photography since I took a photography class in high school and haven't really gotten serious about improving it (as a hobby for now). If I ever end up getting good at photography, I'd like to buy better equipment (Canon 5D Mark III is good, the IV is too pricey) and do it as a business, since it's what I enjoy, but I feel I am a long way from that right now.

I'd like to meet up for local around-the-town photography meets with people that have the same passion, and improve my skill sharing tips and tricks with other people since I learn best hands-on. I am married with two boys (3 and 1 year old) so my time is limited for this hobby but I am hoping to squeeze in some time every week or so.

Welcome to TPF, Chris. You've already got plenty of gear to get started on making great images. The 24-70 has a lot of useful angles of view in it, and the 50 is also a solid lens. I hope you can make the most of everything, and have a fun time while shooting!

Thanks guys! Hi Derrel. I agree, I do have sufficient equipment for great images. Just need to go out and practice more though :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back