Beginner ISO perfect starter Canon. WWYG?

Nicole808

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for my first DSLR. I'm taking some classes and I need a Canon DSLR. I want something I can grow into. I really love photography and I see myself getting a lot of great use out of this camera! What do you think the best fit would be for a beginner that's a fast learner with lots of room for growth?

You may want to give a budget and if you know, what type of photography you are most interested in.

Probably portrait work mainly I have 2 little girls, 15 months and 3 years. I would say I want to keep it under $800. But if there is a much better camera for just a little bit more I would look into it.

Canon EOS Rebel T5i DSLR Camera Kit with 18-135mm STM Lens B&H

B&H has a good deal on a Rebel t5i. It comes with an 18-135mm lens, holster bag, 16 gb card, 50 sheets of 13x19 paper, and a Pixma PRO-100 printer. The only hitch is that you have to do a mail-in rebate for the printer. But, $907 isn't a bad deal, considering the camera/lens combo alone is $850...

The classes I am taking you must have a Canon.

Why do you need a Canon?

Yep.

Oh. Honestly to grow with you I'd suggest the 70D over the T(x) series. It will be a little more expensive but the video of the 70D is supposed to be very good. It is a camera that you can for sure grow and learn with.

There is also the T6i and T6s.... newer sensor and more features. Around $800-900.

?????

Never heard that one before.

What exactly can a Canon do that a Nikon or Pentax could not ?

I would also simply outright refuse to get forced into a system this way. Free choice of system is the holy birthright of a photographer.

There is also the T6i and T6s.... newer sensor and more features. Around $800-900.
I'm with you on that one, get the T6i or T6S, I think its currently Canon's best (affordable) APS-C sensor.

?????

I would also simply outright refuse to get forced into a system this way. Free choice of system is the holy birthright of a photographer.
I totally agree with everything you say, I dont get this, you pay for photography course yet they are forcing you to buy Canon ?
Sorry but this just sounds weird to me, something is fishy here!

Well, if you have to ask...:D

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back