Beginner - Which full frame camera to buy? Low budget.

fugue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Nevermind - Going to do some more research. Thanks for the responses!

Last edited:
I'm interested to hear the responses, but I think you're going to have to increase your budget by about a factor of 10 to get an old used large format. Why do you want large film over 35mm crop digital considering your tight budget?

Pretty sure Low Budget Large Format is an oxymoron :)

I'm interested to hear the responses, but I think you're going to have to increase your budget by about a factor of 10 to get an old used large format. Why do you want large film over 35mm crop digital considering your tight budget?

Hahaha. See how new I am to film? I have no clue. One of my friends I think told me that he bought a used large format camera for under $100 on Ebay, but perhaps I misheard him.

I suppose anythings possible on Ebay, as it is an auction site. Have you checked there?

I don't think so. You can get LF equipment at amazingly low prices and materials don't have to be expensive either. If the OP wants to try LF on a shoestring, then repost the question and wait for replies from people who have experience of LF.

I don't think so. You can get LF equipment at amazingly low prices and materials don't have to be expensive either. If the OP wants to try LF on a shoestring, then repost the question and wait for replies from people who have experience of LF.
The experience I've had with LF has been expensive :) Hence my reply. The camera alone, the glass, the lenses, massages I have to get after lugging the beast around... :D

I have a 4x5 pinhole camera I made myself for about $10 in materials. :D

pinhole.jpg

Most reactions

Back