Beginners Guide: How SLR's Work

Ecas32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
did this for a school research paper.... not an ordinary research paper, something called an " iSearch". we were not only susposed to research the topic but explain how it was done.

all you gotta do is click the link, then click the microsoft word icon to open it

so here it is: iSearch paper.doc - Windows Live

And? Did you want C&C on your paper? Or did you want a sticky?

I thought it was good. Liked the "exploded" view of the DSLR.

oh haha no c&c

naw i just put it up for others to see, thought it might help beginners understand there camera more.

i would try redrafting it...

5 lines in and i notice 3 errors already..

" [FONT=&quot]new wave of cameras is sweeping the nation for reasons such as"
you should remove the "s" from Cameras

"[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]allows you to see exactly what the lens sees so composition can be precise and accurate"

Correction: "[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]allows you to see exactly what the sensor sees therefore composition can be precise and accurate."

this is only 5 lines in with 3 errors already

just pointing that out incase your teacher is super picky

in the second paragraph you keep repeating the word once * does * then * and once * does * then * try varying your words, it will make it much more interesting

[/FONT] "Once the light enters the camera body, it is then recorded onto the camera’s sensor. Once the light is recorded onto the sensor, the information goes to the cameras processor and re-creates the scene to form the image."

" Once the light enters the camera body, it is then recorded onto the camera’s sensor, The light which has been captured on the sensor then gets proccessed in the cameras processor to create the output of the scene to form the image on the LCD screen."[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
ya i know there was a few errors and im to lazy to go back and fix them. thanks for seeing those though :) if i could change it and still turn it in i would :p. i did this around christmas time so the grading is over and done with. i got an 84 thanks to having 20 pts deducted for not having it in MLA format lol

I know you don't want C&C on the article, so I'll keep this relatively brief:

" [FONT="]new wave of cameras is sweeping the nation for reasons such as"

you should remove the 's' from Camera
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Actually 'a new wave of <plural> is' is grammatically correct. The subject is the 'new wave' thus singular and requires 'is' for subject-verb agreement. Also, we are seeing myriad DSLRs... it would be singular only in the case where it were "a new type of camera". Certainly SLR and DSLRs are not 'new' but the vast array of entry level ones are.

Not that the sentence doesn't have problems :) While retaining the basic sentence structure, I would have written it:

[/FONT] A new wave of cameras is sweeping the nation, delivering professional image quality, affordability and ever-increasing ease of use.

That way the paper would open with an action rather than a passive sentence (a second comma, of course, conditionally between affordability and the "and" depending on whether or not you serialize the last item in a list by convention).

Edited to add: Overall I thought the information was good, btw.

haha thanks everybody once again for your help :) lol

but like i said its over and done with and was just posting it for new people to learn more about what they just bought.

and i guess i should of included that this wasnt a college level paper.... it was actually a 9th grade high school paper, so it wasnt too too important

Most reactions

Back