What's new

Belt Parkway nightlights w/ Verrazano Bridge bkgrd

djportalatin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 27, 2011
Messages
202
Reaction score
32
Location
New York
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
djportalatin said:
Here are a couple of shots I took after work this past Friday. Hope you enjoy! Please feel free to provide insight on how these photos could be improved, both compositionally and in post production.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danieljportalatin/7199791302/
Belt Parkway Lights w/ Verrazano Bridge Backdrop by Daniel Portalatin Photography, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danieljportalatin/7199818776/
Verrazano Bridge @ Sundown by Daniel Portalatin Photography, on Flickr

Both really great shots. I'd say the only improvements would be cutting out some distracting objects like the building behind the bridge on the left in the 1st photo and the tree sticking out on the left in the 2nd photo.
 
Thanks and nice suggestions.
 
I like the composition of #1. There is one thing that bugs me though is in the upper left the bridge lights either go out of the frame or just to the edge. I think there needs to be some space there.
 
Yeah, I straightened out the image and in then process cropped it just a bit too tight.
 
You could use photoshop to add some sky space above it.
 
Scuba said:
You could use photoshop to add some sky space above it.

Interesting. Add additional canvas space and copy the sky? If not, how would you just doing this?
 
Scuba said:
You could use photoshop to add some sky space above it.

Interesting. Add additional canvas space and copy the sky? If not, how would you just doing this?

I have never done it but I know it can be done. There is a feature that interpolates new pixels to extend the canvas. Someone chime in and help me out on the explanation please.
 
Anyone have a suggestion on how to do this?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom