Berlin

fightheheathens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shots from Berlin in Jan. mostly the Jewish war memorial next to the Brandenburg gate

C&C welcome
Church that was bombed out in the war
destroyedchurchcopy.jpg

sony center
dome1editcopy.jpg

columnscopy.jpg

monument1copy.jpg

monument2copy.jpg

Hey, envy: you got such better light when you went visiting the Holocaust Memorial! My photos are boring in comparison. I tried and tried on that October day in 2006 and did not achieve any such dramatic effect as your photos do, particularly the middle one of the three that are about the memorial.

My pic of the roof of Sony Centre is almost identical to yours, though ;). I wonder how many million photos of the kind there are in the world? ;)

Kaiser-Wilhelm Gedächtniskirche used to be THE sight of West Berlin (when most of the areas which are NOW the well-known centre of Berlin still belonged to the eastern part behind the wall), i.e. that bombed-out church at the end of Ku'damm with its modern addition. Now it seems to have to step back behind the new Potsdamer Platz and Brandenburg Gate again and comes only about fifth place in the list of sights. A pity... So thanks for your photo and your conversion with really works!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back