Best battery grip for my Nikon D600?

MiFleur

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've owned two off-brands, and both have been superb performers. However, if I were to use my gear to pay the mortgage, I'd certainly get the OEMs instead.

I've owned two off-brands, and both have been superb performers. However, if I were to use my gear to pay the mortgage, I'd certainly get the OEMs instead.

Thanks Sparky, I am not yet using my gear to pay the mortgage, I am still trying to use my gear to pay my gear! so off brand it has to be!

I would vote OEM also... just for the build quality! But I understand that the expense is more, also!

Thanks guys for the advice!

I bought an after market grip for my D7000, it worked for about 15 minutes and then the camera started doing strange things. I sent it back and bought the OEM. No problems and a more solid build.

I bought an after market grip for my D7000, it worked for about 15 minutes and then the camera started doing strange things. I sent it back and bought the OEM. No problems and a more solid build.

That is not really what I wanted to hear... Well I guess that buying the OEM will bring more satisfaction on the long run!
Thanks greybeard!

FWIW, greybeard's experience can happen with an OEM vertical grip too, though I think with OEM gear it would be much less likely.
After all, both are mass produced consumer electronic goods.

However, after market vertical grips are so much less expensive for a variety of reasons - they use lower grade materials (metals, switches, buttons, plastic), less precise manufacturing tolerances, are assembled by less trained workers, and get far fewer quality assurance checks.

Also, the attachment of 3rd party gear (lens, vertical grip, battery, flash unit, etc) that causes a camera fault may not be a warranty repair. Nikon Digital Imaging Warranty

.................Also, the attachment of 3rd party gear (lens, vertical grip, battery, flash unit, etc) that causes a camera fault may not be a warranty repair. Nikon Digital Imaging Warranty

Anyone have any empirical, first-hand data that this actually happens?... Someone sends their wonkyed-out camera to NRS and they say, "Sorry, out of warranty... we can tell you used an off-brand grip!"?

That is not really what I wanted to hear... Well I guess that buying the OEM will bring more satisfaction on the long run!
Thanks greybeard!
There are plenty of people out there perfectly happy with their after market grip and if mine had worked as advertised, I'd still be using it and would be on the "after market side" of things. The OEM grip has a metal housing as apposed to plastic with the after market. The controls on both seem to work about the same.

After all is said and done, when comparing OEM to AFTERMARKET you get what you pay for.

Most reactions

Back