Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nikon Coolpix P500

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
How far would you say the Powershot deviates from a dSLR?

Well, it doesn't have interchangeable lenses, it doesn't have an optical viewfinder, and it doesn't have an APS-C sized sensor.

So other that it's exactly like a DSLR. Except for those previously mentioned components that prevent it from being so.

How far would you say the Powershot deviates from a dSLR?

Well, it doesn't have interchangeable lenses, it doesn't have an optical viewfinder, and it doesn't have an APS-C sized sensor.

So other that it's exactly like a DSLR. Except for those previously mentioned components that prevent it from being so.
Apparently, the camera doesn't let you set to 400 ISO and set the Shutter speed to 15 Seconds?
Also can you achieve a shallow depth of focus?

Last edited:
I am quite new to photography (new as in reading a few books and practicing shooting on my spare time) and I have been using a relatively old camera (4-5 years old). I was just wondering which camera people would choose out of the the given selection? Keeping in mind the quality in relation to the price since I am broke :p

Canon PowerShot SX40 HS
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V
Nikon Coolpix P500
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150

Thank you in advance. :)
Please feel free to give alternate choices.

You cannot get an objective opinion on this forum, it will always be Canon or Nikon. I recommend you do a Google search for reviews of your list of cameras & trust yourself to make an informed decision based on what you discover. Here you only get fan-boys & girls.

Here is part of a review of one in your list:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Review - Conclusion | PhotographyBLOG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back