Best (inexpensive) type of backgrounds for Studio/Portrait type photos

I'm using mirrors for maximum bounce. :1219:

Last edited:
My Muslins drive me nuts with the wrinkles. I watched a video then other day where they took a spray bottle of water to it and just sprayed it down well and the wrinkles just FELL OUT. seriously, it works like magic. My hours of trying to steam dry them are over. Just spray it down with enough time to dry before the shoot and then clip the sides if you want it super smooth. Trust me, you'll want to file that away!

My Muslins drive me nuts with the wrinkles. I watched a video then other day where they took a spray bottle of water to it and just sprayed it down well and the wrinkles just FELL OUT. seriously, it works like magic. My hours of trying to steam dry them are over. Just spray it down with enough time to dry before the shoot and then clip the sides if you want it super smooth. Trust me, you'll want to file that away!
I do clip it on the sides .. makes the wrinkles disappear.
I also blow it out with various colors using my BG flash with a fancy fangled gel holder.

I used some stiff wire ( the wire inside electrical wire) and created a contraption to hold up 2 clips which holds 12 x 12 colored gels. Then used some cardboard over the "base" that I created and taped it to the flash head. Works like a charm.
IMG_4698[1].JPG

In these photos I spent a whopping 30 seconds setting things up and the muslin BG had wrinkle mania going on .. but I just blew it out with the flash. The results were here ==> My Crazy Head Shot | Photography Forum

But I'll remember the water bit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back