Best L zoom lens for full body to body hair, peach skin detail, nude photography.

R.Butler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm doing high profile nude photography.

And i have a canon t5i with the 18-135 STM Kit. yep.

I'm doing great pictures from this really beautiful girls and i would like Now to buy the best possible camera and the best possible lens. Canon gear.
So i was thinking first to buy the FFrame 6D with the 24-105 L kit, but the just 1 cross point focus and the need of a lens with more zoom than the 135 has discourage me.

So now i'm thinking to get the Mark III and the 28-300 f3.5-5.6 L.

My concerns are:

1)I'm shooting indoors in a small room where the 18mm let me take full body shots, will i have problems with the 28mm? or passing from crop frame to full frame will mean my new 28 will be like the 18

2) the 28-300 is like a bazuca, and i have read good reviews, but it will be high quality for indoor at short distance from full body to peach skin, body hair detail? as you see i wont use it for sports or outdoors, just portrait and nude.

3) Could you suggest me another lens from canon? i was thinking to get the 20-70L and 70-200 L but changing lens or having two cameras just dont seems comfortable specially when i have to make hundreds of pics. So i will need just one lens.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. Full body shots indoors will at times as you say require wide angle. 18 on your crop Lens will equate to about 29 on a fullframe camera regarding field of view. Do you really need more than 105mm for this job? The 24-105 has the benefit of being wider faster and relatively light. 105mm indoors is a lot? Do you need to go longer than about 67mm indoors with your current setup?

A few thoughts:

1) What lighting equipment have you got? Studio photography is all about the lighting and control over the light. Even a rebel camera with a kit lens can do some fantastic work if you've got the light set right, especially if you're going for a sharp aperture like f8. At this stage I would strongly suggest spending the bulk of your finances upon a solid lighting setup first and foremost. A solid lighting setup will last you through any camera and lens and will allow you to really expand upon what you can currently do.
So list down what lighting gear you currently do have and we'll see what might suit the budget you've got (if you list the budget that can help suggest what will best fit your budget).

2) jaomul has already raised the question of if you really need more focal length in your indoor shoots. I would also suggest that if you want a setup I'd consider starting with the 24-70mm f2.8 and if you want a longer high quality lens then using a 70-200mm f2.8. You can use the original version of both if you can find them second hand rather than the highly expensive new versions if you have budget constraints.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back