best lens for landscapes

JackieLee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.aboutwhoibe.com
Hi,
I'm not sure this is the best place for this question, but hopefully you will answer even if it's not.

I'm travelling to Sedona Arizona shortly and am wondering what lens would you recommend for photographing landscapes. I am using a digital rebel at this time. I have the kit lens and a Canon 75-300 1:4-5.6.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Jackie Lee :)

JackieLee said:
Hi,
I'm not sure this is the best place for this question, but hopefully you will answer even if it's not.

I'm travelling to Sedona Arizona shortly and am wondering what lens would you recommend for photographing landscapes. I am using a digital rebel at this time. I have the kit lens and a Canon 75-300 1:4-5.6.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Jackie Lee :)

Hi Jackie Lee,

Best answers will be surely from Voodoocat, he has shot in Sedona.

I assume you have some sort of Wide Angle in that 'kit' that came with the camera (I don't shoot digital. Yet.) and that would definitely have some use.

Sedona is gorgeous especially at sunrise and sunset. Be prepared to gasp a lot and don't forget to click, click, click. :wink:

Now voodoo's turn...

a medium wide angle works very well for most landscape shots, but you can never only consider absolutes when photographing nature. If your kit lens is the 18-55 or 18-70mm lens, it should work well for landscapes at it's 18mm setting (~28-30mm range in 35mm terms).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back