Best Memory Card Brand ? CF

Alpha_Omega

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have lots of questions...

This one is what type of card should I get for my 40D. Shooting at 10m per shot how many pictures can I get on a 1gig card. I see they have cards up to 8gigs or more. But what does everybody use ?

I am looking for a good brand, price etc.

Thanks

Nathan

wow, that does look like a good price for a 4 gig card... how is this brand ? and do you think it will work fast with my Canon 40D ?
Thanks

In all honesty, most companies' cards are the same cards with a different label.

Same chips, same casings, same PCBs.

In all honesty, most companies' cards are the same cards with a different label.

Same chips, same casings, same PCBs.

I agree. I build circuit boards for a living. There's a few companies that provide components and they're all comparable. Anybody that builds any kind of electronic device buys from these same companies.

I agree. I build circuit boards for a living. There's a few companies that provide components and they're all comparable. Anybody that builds any kind of electronic device buys from these same companies.

so then tell me why more of the off-brand cards fail than those of the major companies? ;) .. maybe it is how they connect the components, or their layout (weaker / cheaper components not up to the task).

I know many people who had serious trouble with off-brand cards. But one or two who lost images due to brand cards.

I use Sandisk and PNY. Since PNY is a pretty popular maker of computer memory, I figure they outta have these down pat....never had a problem with them.

so then tell me why more of the off-brand cards fail than those of the major companies? ;) .. maybe it is how they connect the components, or their layout (weaker / cheaper components not up to the task).

I know many people who had serious trouble with off-brand cards. But one or two who lost images due to brand cards.

Yes, build quality. But, theoretically, if it works when you get it, it should continue to work as well as any other brand.

I guess I should mention that I don't mean the cheapy cheapy ones. I'm saying all the more common brands should be fairly comparable. If you buy one from china that has a handwritten label on it, all bets are off.

Yes, build quality. But, theoretically, if it works when you get it, it should continue to work as well as any other brand.

I guess I should mention that I don't mean the cheapy cheapy ones. I'm saying all the more common brands should be fairly comparable. If you buy one from china that has a handwritten label on it, all bets are off.

Correct.

If you buy from any major company (Dane-Electro, Kingston, SanDisk, PNY, A-Data, Transcend, Sony, etc), chances are you're getting almost the exact same stuff with a different sticker stuck on the outside and shipped in a different clamshell packaging.

I'm saying all the more common brands should be fairly comparable. If you buy one from china that has a handwritten label on it, all bets are off.

We even had serious trouble with a cheap German brand .. but then again they probably bought Chinese cards, took of the handwritten labels and put printed German labels onto them ;)

Most reactions

Back