Best Nikon lens for nighttime?

nrois02

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, I was wondering if people could say what they think is the sharpest and best quality lens for nighttime would be? could be zoom, macro, fish eye whatever you think is the best. Thanks

_Austin

Hey, I was wondering if people could say what they think is the sharpest and best quality lens for nighttime would be? could be zoom, macro, fish eye whatever you think is the best. Thanks

_Austin

This is pretty vague.

First you would need to tell us something about what type of lens you are interested in getting.

Can you at least give us a focal length you are thinking about?

35mm, 200mm, etc.

- Neil

The 58mm f/1.2 Noct~Nikkor was designed to be used at night, and is superbly well-corrected against coma. The brand new 24mm f/1.4 AF-S G is also pretty capable at night time, based on photos I've seen on-line.

The 58mm f/1.2 Noct~Nikkor was designed to be used at night, and is superbly well-corrected against coma. The brand new 24mm f/1.4 AF-S G is also pretty capable at night time, based on photos I've seen on-line.

Beaten to the punch. Again. :grumpy:

Well, what do you want to shoot at nighttime? Long exposure shots? Party shots? City views?

24/28mm f1.4 is the most practical. the NOCT 1.2 is great but at 58mm f/1.2 DOf is so shallow that you can't really shoot anything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back