What's new

Best Nikon Shoemount for Softbox/ Umbrella

BrianLy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 3, 2010
Messages
298
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which flash would you guys recommend. I heard the SB600 doesn't give enough light.
 
It depends on the size of the modifier, and what it is you're trying to make a photo of.

Try doing some research.
 
I have a bunch of Quantaray PZ1 - DSZ flashes and they work great and seem to have a good amount of power. They can be had for a very good price to. 35-60.
 
I will taking pictures of Cars at meets, Personal Car Photoshoot, and Amateur models.
 
It depends on what you're shooting. The larger the softbox, the more light you'll need. I use 2 SB-600's and have been getting enough light. I use a 15X15 softbox to shoot models. Any limitations have been on my end.
 
For the models most likely be inside (Not trying to be all professional, just trying to get our names out there) and for cars, its going to be on top of parking lots or inside parking lots and where ever there is a nice view outside.
 
Shooting cars will take multiple speedlights. The last car shoot I did with just speedlights, I used 20 of them.
Even with studio strobes, shooting a car takes at least 6 lights.
 
Shooting cars will take multiple speedlights. The last car shoot I did with just speedlights, I used 20 of them.
Even with studio strobes, shooting a car takes at least 6 lights.

Dang, 20! That's a lot. Well I guess it will be more for use on the model shots, since I am a noob, I really don't need all that light.
 
Dang, 20! That's a lot. Well I guess it will be more for use on the model shots, since I am a noob, I really don't need all that light.
To light a model well still takes more than 1 light.

There are tutorials for 1 light setups using speedlights, but good model shots use as many as 5 lights. Main, fill, kicker, hair, rim.

The SB-600 is enough to start with.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom