What's new

BEST OF 2012!!

Here are my favorites - not necessarily those people seemed to like -


string112312.jpg




signs082512.jpg




sign072112.jpg




sign071512.jpg



leafedges061312.jpg




sign051112-2p2.jpg




shad032312.jpg
 
Wow, I could go through and literally like each and every post in this thread, beautiful work everyone!

I'm actually working on picking out my favourites from the year but I know 100% without a doubt that this one is #1 :)


Weeping Willow by Judi Smelko, on Flickr
 
Couple of snapshots from this year.
Mostly my favorites because I remember these nights and how much fun I had with my loved ones with me.

You've seen them, but here they are again. :D

7959560498_9269c53d41_b.jpg


7866567234_2d52135306_c.jpg


7866578306_08d3ff2304_c.jpg


7762809288_4c65c678d3_b.jpg
 
Wow, mish, great idea! And thanks, because I've just had a LOVELY stroll down Memory Lane, going back through all the threads I've posted this year and my Flickr sets, really thinking about what I'd consider my *best* shots.
Like coastalconn, 2012 was my first full year with a DSLR, and saw a lot of firsts--bought a macro lens, a flash, and of course, this month, a new camera.

What I learned from my stroll through the year's photos:
1. Photos I *thought* were really outstanding last January have me shaking my head now.
2. Whether they were well-received here or elsewhere, there are a LOT of photos I took that I still really like. Looking at them makes me happy, and in the end, that's really all my photos need to do!

So, in the end, I couldn't pick "best" because I don't have any "best" yet. :D
But Favorites, I have plenty of those! The best I could do was narrow it down to the Top 12. I'll post four of those at random here; maybe later, I'll add the others, a few at a time.

1.

passionflower_0057 by sm4him, on Flickr

2.

DSC_0060abstract by sm4him, on Flickr

3.

DSC_0063editweb by sm4him, on Flickr

4.

abstract_0033web by sm4him, on Flickr
 
Coastalconn, did you manual focus or was it AF for the osprey shot? Outstanding photo!
 
Coastalconn, did you manual focus or was it AF for the osprey shot? Outstanding photo!
It is certainly AF, I have no where near the skill level to track flying bird with MF. I shoot a Nikon D300 with a Tamron 200-500... I spent 2-3 weeks gaining knowledge and then 7 mornings of waiting to get this shot. I tracked it from well over 500 feet away and it flew directly over me. That shot is less then 50 feet and it actually dripped on me. I chronicled my quest here and on flickr.. for the Osprey lovers... Never ending pursuit of the perfect osprey shot - a set on Flickr
 
Couple of snapshots from this year.
Mostly my favorites because I remember these nights and how much fun I had with my loved ones with me.

You've seen them, but here they are again. :D

7959560498_9269c53d41_b.jpg


How did you light this one? Can you give me the EXIF and the time of day you shot it?

There are several old burned out houses near where I live that I have been thinking would make for a cool photograph so I'd like to see how you lit this similar image.

Thanks.
 
Here's another one of my favorites...

orbiter.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom