What's new

BEST OF 2012!!

  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #31
Best flowers of the year....
7434654570_4b4fb4417c_z.jpg


7036260491_7dd1d52772.jpg


8219609050_394de7b3b5.jpg
 
A lot of fantastic images on this thread, some that I had never seen posted here before...

Here's a couple of mine...

p229426223-4.jpg



p1114474870-4.jpg



p332214555-4.jpg



p1251470782-4.jpg
 
Im Speechless at the quality of these pics...

I hope to achieve something half as good as these some day...
 
Couple of snapshots from this year.
Mostly my favorites because I remember these nights and how much fun I had with my loved ones with me.

You've seen them, but here they are again. :D

7959560498_9269c53d41_b.jpg


How did you light this one? Can you give me the EXIF and the time of day you shot it?

There are several old burned out houses near where I live that I have been thinking would make for a cool photograph so I'd like to see how you lit this similar image.

Thanks.
Bounced truck headlights off of a big billboard camera left.

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR="class: lookatme"]
[TH]Camera[/TH]
[TD]Nikon D3S[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: lookatme"]
[TH]Exposure[/TH]
[TD]20[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: lookatme"]
[TH]Aperture[/TH]
[TD]f/8.0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: lookatme"]
[TH]Focal Length[/TH]
[TD]24 mm[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]ISO Speed[/TH]
[TD]100[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Exposure Bias[/TH]
[TD]-1 EV[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Flash[/TH]
[TD]No Flash[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]X-Resolution[/TH]
[TD]240 dpi[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Y-Resolution[/TH]
[TD]240 dpi[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Software[/TH]
[TD]Ver.1.01[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Date and Time (Modified)[/TH]
[TD]2012:09:08 22:25:21[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH][/TH]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Exposure Program[/TH]
[TD]Manual[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Date and Time (Original)[/TH]
[TD]2012:09:08 21:06:17.31-04:00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Date and Time (Digitized)[/TH]
[TD]2012:09:08 21:06:17[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH][/TH]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Metering Mode[/TH]
[TD]Spot[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
 
Not really the "best", but a handful of my Instagram shots. Size-reduced in LR from 1936x1936 to 1,000-pixels square. I mostly try and work in what I call the "New Urban Landscape" genre when shooting Instagrams.
1.$IMG_9393 copy_Proof.webp


2.$IMG_0060 copy_Proof.webp


3.$IMG_0087 copy_Proof.webp

4. $IMG_0089 copy_Proof.webp


5. $IMG_0700 copy_Proof.webp

6. $IMG_1370 copy_Proof.webp


7. $IMG_6447 copy_Proof.webp

8. $IMG_6750 copy_Proof.webp
 
Another good thing about this thread: Lately, I've been thinking I'm doing pretty good with this photography thing. I've had a lot of people commenting very positively on my work (in real life, I mean), several who aren't even friends asking me if I sell them or when I'm going to have a show, things like that. AND I'm "published" now. :lol:
(An aside here: I just realized that my Flickr visits have REALLY spiked today, and I can't figure out why. I've had nearly 100 more views than my previous high--they don't seem to be coming from here, or from my blog, so I have no idea why people are suddenly looking at my pictures today...)

Then I look at the pictures from folks like Mish, Charlie, Rotanimod, Invisible...and on and on. And I remember just how VERY. MUCH. of an Amateur I really am. :D

Anyway, a few more favorites from the year:


assassinbugwithladybug by sm4him, on Flickr


DSC_0144editweb by sm4him, on Flickr


daylilyabstract_1476 by sm4him, on Flickr


flower_0177small by sm4him, on Flickr
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom