Best photo editing software for MAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking for assistance to commit software piracy sucks.

Software is copyrighted work, just like photographs are.

Photographers complain about the theft of their photos all the time, but many also seem to have a double standard.

Download the 30-day trial of Aperture, to see if you like it.
It offers Adobe Lightroom-like editing and cataloging.

Obviously Photoshop CS5 is the gold standard, but it comes at a hefty price if you don't need all of that power.

I personally use a combination of Aperture and Photoshop CS5, so in some cases, it's not even either/or.

Well, I torrented Aperture but to me it feels like its kinda limited...

I didn't know money was no object if you're pirating stuff....

Yes, Aperture is somewhat limited compared to Photoshop CS5, but if you're going to pirate it, then get the full CS5 version of Photoshop and be done with it.

You can download a demo of Photoshop CS5. You will have 30 days to decide if it is right for you. Please do not pirate software. Save up to buy it legally.

Bingo.

CCericola knows what's up.

I've tried out many photo-editing programs and always come back to Photoshop. Then again, I use Lightroom probably more than I use Photoshop now...so take that information as far as it matters too.

Lightroom basically offers the ability to make general edits (sharpening, noise reduction, contrast/brightness/color sliders, etc...) but without a lot of fine detail edits (you can do simple small edits, but things like removing parts of the picture skillfully is almost impossible). For that we have Photoshop.

If you want something to just liven up your pictures and be able to make edits without having the know-how to do it all manually...try out Lightroom 3 (which is similar to Aperture, but I like LR *much* more). If you want to do the actual edits yourself and you want to dig deep into the photos...get Photoshop.

Then again, with what seems like a torrent fetish you're probably going to download them all illegally anyway. In that case make sure to notify the authorities which program you like the most.

I don't own Photoshop, but I'm also not a professional so haven't the need. All of my photos are edited 99% via Aperture 3. For heaving lifting like removing objects, "fancy" graphics work, I use Pixelmator.

You can buy Aperture and Pixelmator directly from the App store for $79 and $49 respectively (I think, I'm too lazy to check). That's still a fraction of the price of photoshop.

But, I try to avoid Adobe when I can. I loathe their software with a passion.

I've always liked ACDSee Pro, which I used for Windows for years, the when I switched to a Mac, I got their Pro Mac version. Its has loads of editing features (not as many as Adobe stuff, but then again its a third the price), but its also a management tool too. Depends if you're looking for purely editing software.

Personally, i use Photomatix Professional, Adobe Lightroom Three, And Adobe Photoshop CS5.  Oh, and Portrait Professional from time to time. And i run all these on a Macbook Pro

I would say photoshop cs5. i use it on my imac. but if you can't afford it (it cost as much as my 60D) get photoshop elements, much cheaper.

I tried GIMP and didn't like it. I was told that Lightroom would potentially run slow on my MacBook Air so I passed on that. Got photoshop elements 11 for 79$ a few months ago and have been really happy with it since. Good thing a out elements is it offers a free 30 day full functioning trial. Give it a shot and see if it suits your needs.

NOT something you wanna say on a public forum. Aperture is inexpensive!

Last edited by a moderator:
PhotoScape was launced just 3 years back and it has gained a lot of popularity as a freeware photo editing program[/COLOR] among (tech) users and critics for many good reasons. It supports RAW and almost all common image formats, i.e JPEG, PNG, and GIF for animated images.Loads fast and is good for moderate level use. Not for very advanced photo editing. PhotScape is really good software to try as free image editing software.
This is apparently from - Top Ten Photo or image editing Software free (Photo editors) - VIKAS TIPS N TRICKS ONLINE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism
Plagiarism is not a crime per se but in academia and industry it is a serious moral offence,[SUP][7][/SUP][SUP][8][/SUP] and cases of plagiarism can constitute copyright infringement.

Your seriously asking that on a public forum?

Thats TWICE Ive seen you talking about torrenting applications on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back