Best place online to buy lens?

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, I want buy the Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Lens! The cheapest place in NZ has quoted me $799 (NZD)

It will cost my me around $625 NZD to buy it from http://www.calumetphoto.com (includes shipping). Who has bought from them and what other stores do you recommend for photog equip?

Also, it grieves me that the lens cap I ordered for my sigma lens (82mm an odd size) will take 4 months in delivery (Sigma 15 -30 mm wide angle lens). I currently have it rigged a 'tupperware' bowl. Where can i order an 82mm size lens cap online? Its killing me here! :cry:

What about Japan or other Asia dealer?
Have always wonder how prices compare between USA, Asia and Europe ?

wow, thanks all!

b&h is $592.267 NZD (includes shipping) , are they a pretty reliable company?

adorama 575.868 NZD total, but I have heard some crappy things about their service in a thread somewhere here, has anyone heard similar?

Walt, the nz coin is somewhat similar to the canuck (1 NZD = 0.839593 CAD ), but cameracanada charges $179 international shipping!! :shock: thank for the info though!

What about Japan or other Asia dealer?
Have always wonder how prices compare between USA, Asia and Europe?

I have looked into that, but the language barrier is a prob, even if they speak english :( Prices are competive, but service is shocking especially if they order the wrong product for you!

Now, any ideas where I can get a measley lens cap? :mrgreen:

I have never ordered from either B&H or Adorama...but I have pretty much heard good things about both.

Plus, I think Chase has a link to Adorama on this site and if you go there from here to order it...Chase (this site), would get a referral fee.

whoa thanx to whoever gave the link to cameracanada! These guys do have pretty good prices on stuff.

B&H are extremely proffessional. Only check their website for when they are on holiday, it appears they follow the Jewish holiday shedule so its quite often they are on vacation LOL. Anyways i have never had a problem with them

Freestyle photo also is ultra reliable, and ships alot faster then Adorama. As for international shipping prices i haven't a clue though. You can prolly find that lens cap here as well.

If you don't mind slightly used then check out KEH camera here in the states, again i don't know about the intl. shipping but there prices are usually right on par with Ebay in the lens dept, and they are guaranteed to be in the best shape. I have bought some "bargain" level equipt. from them and it looked almost new. Here too you could prolly find an 82mm lens cap.

I ordered my 300D from Adorama, as well as a few lenses, and batteries, CF cards, all kinds of stuff. They are great, although my latest purchase is taking a while to get here.

B&H rules! I have been over there today to get some stuff -
it's only a 25 minute subway ride over there :roll:
Also I have ordered online from these guys and everything
worked out great...
I have purchased at Adorama in the past, but have not
ordered online...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back