Best place to buy a Camera??

penuttmman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking to buy a Nikon D3400 as my first camera and I was wondering where could I get it for the lowest? I'm located in Canada and they sell it here locally but its 600$ and online there are some at 490$ but I don't like to order online for stuff that expensive so would any one know a good site that sell camera that is 100% safe? Thank you :1247:

For mail order or online, I'd stick with the major suppliers (KEH - mostly used), B&H, etc. They have pretty good reputations and generally have decent - but not the lowest - prices. eBay and similar sites can offer lower prices, but since you're dealing with individuals, there is quite a bit of variation. eBay has some buyer protections but still you're looking at shipping and time delays if there's a problem.

All in all, I'd say your best bet is a local camera store. They allow you to see the camera before you buy it; most have experts on staff to handle questions about choices and use after the sale. Also, while you may save a few bucks, having a local resource to tap into can yield valuable information you won't get online. The local camera store is probably also your safest bet, even though it's pricier (those people like to eat as well.)

An old saying about "penny wise, pound foolish" springs to mind.

If you don't have a camera store nearby, there are a few options. The two mentioned above seem to have similar prices to B&H and Adarama, the two I use. You could look at the refurbished cameras at a nice discount. Otherwise, Best Buy and (as much as this hurts to say) Walmart may have them in stock or you can order online and pick up at a store. My experience is that you get what you pay for. Some of the cheap sites are unreliable or try to hold the order up until you agree to buy pricey add ons.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back